Making A Playlist Ain't Easy

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I dropped Spotify and got Tidal but I couldn't import my playlist so I had to start over. With Spotify, I just downloaded the entire album into my playlist, "ME". This time, I decided to only bring songs into my playlist that I like. That means I have to go through EVERY SONG of EVERY ARTIST I'm considering. Ugh... The reward will be a ginormous playlist where every song is one I like.

However, as you all know, that doesn't mean that I'm gonna like every song that comes up every time. You have to be in the mood for some songs. That gave me a first world problem to contemplate. What if I'm not loading a song to my playlist because I'm not in the mood for it now but I will be in the mood for it later? Oh Lordy, what to do?

It's taking a lot of time. Funny thing, though. There are some albums I can just download the entire album. Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, Dark Side of the Moon, Revolver to name a few.

Oh well, off to bed for now. I'll be song hunting songs later...

2. trxx

trxx Tele-Holic

Music is funny like that. Even our own music is like that to ourselves. But the way things are headed, future gens will be cyborgs and less susceptible to moods and such. But current gens are already losing the grasp on interesting and soulful music, so maybe music won't be a real issue for them in the future.

Any way, creating playlists by mood can be a useful exercise as a listener and as a player. I wish we had done that in a cover band that I played with long ago.

Torren61 likes this.
  3. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Much faster than making a bunch of mixed tapes from vinyl

dented and Torren61 like this.
  4. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I only buy cd's or albums of artists I like the majority of their stuff on.
    At worst I might have to skip a few songs when listening to an album. I only listen to full albums in the car on a 6 stack cd player.

It might be faster for you to download whole albums and then delete songs you don't like on them?

I thought the whole virtual record thing was supposed to be easier?

Torren61 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.