Making a German meal tomorrow night

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
We had an awesome German restaurant close by . I still miss that place so bad , and they probably closed up 15 years ago. I’m a terrible cook

stxrus

Poster Extraordinaire
There was a German restaurant I visited regularly in Dallas but their existence was less than two years, I thought it was better than good but they couldn’t continue

Ironwolf

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
We had an awesome German restaurant close by . I still miss that place so bad , and they probably closed up 15 years ago. I’m a terrible cook

We have a great one not far away, but it is absurdly expensive.

eclecticsynergy

Friend of Leo's
How about Palatschinken for dessert? Was thinking about those just the other day.
I know they're technically Austrian, but they sure are delicious.

CCK1

Tele-Afflicted
Man, that sounds good. I worked for a large, privately held German company, based about 30-40 km east of Frankfurt. I spent 4 months in Germany when I was hired, then anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks per year there for the next 35 years. Of course I miss the German friends made through the year, but almost as much, I miss the German food! Schweinshaxe, Mettwurst, Sauerbraten, that unbelievable beer, and I never met a schnitzel I didn't like!

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I'll be fixing Zigeunerschnitzel, bratkartoffeln, asparagus and candied baby carrots. I just mixed up the zigeuner sauce ingredients and they are in the fridge marinating together until tomorrow. So good.

Stationed in Germany a couple years, and don't believe that I ever tried Zigeunerschnitzel. Looked it up, sounds good!

Jagerschnitzel mit pomme frites would possibly be my last meal request. Wish I could find a place around here that could make it right. Uwe's, near my office building is pretty good, but just doesn't quite hit the mark.

SPUDCASTER

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
You'd be a hit up here. Lots of German heritage around these parts.

When I lived around the Portland area. There was a German bakery we used to visit on a regular basis. Good stuff!