Major Forum Software Upgrade

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Hey everyone! Just heads up that within the next two weeks, TDPRI's forum software will be upgraded with new features and other enhancements. During this major upgrade, the forum may experience some downtime. The current active Classifieds on the site will need to be converted to regular threads until we find a classifieds plugin compatible with the latest forum software.

We will keep you posted in this thread on any changes or issues with the upcoming upgrade.

Will you be fixing the Sound Cloud embed problem?

Alex

Administrator
Staff member
Ha! I was about to ask the question - What happened to the classifieds??? :)
The classifieds are still there but in thread-mode for now. After the upgrade, we will work on getting a classifieds plugin compatible with the new forum software.

will this fix any site outage that is being happening lately?
Sometimes forum is slow or totally unresponsive / inaccessible.
Yes, the upgrade should improve overall site performance.

I will put in a request for the SoundCloud embed feature to be fixed after the upgrade. Thank you.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
The classifieds are still there but in thread-mode for now. After the upgrade, we will work on getting a classifieds plugin compatible with the new forum software.

Yes, the upgrade should improve overall site performance.

I will put in a request for the SoundCloud embed feature to be fixed after the upgrade. Thank you.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Alex, and hope your upgrades go well and without issue. Best of luck!

Engine Swap

Friend of Leo's
Upgrade looks great!

Can you point me to the text editor toggle? Can’t find it in the icons

King Fan

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
Upgrade problem report, sorry. I figured out how to pop up the Watched 'Forums v. Threads' choice on mylaptop, but on my phone, activating just the little popup triangle is nearly impossible. This is an important function I use all the time.

King Fan

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
Another possible minor bug. If I click the bell, I see Alerts OK, in a right-hand column as before, but you can no longer click on the word 'Alerts' in the column to get them to fill the page.

forumtech

Administrator
Fixed. Use the media button to insert a sound cloud sound
1641416861816.png

King Fan

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
you can no longer click on the word 'Alerts' in the column to get them to fill the page.
For those keeping score at home, I now see you can click "Show All" at the bottom of the Alerts column -- so more obvious for new users, less convenient for us lazy old users, but at least the function exists.