Major Forum Software Upgrade

Alex

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone! Just heads up that within the next two weeks, TDPRI's forum software will be upgraded with new features and other enhancements. During this major upgrade, the forum may experience some downtime. The current active Classifieds on the site will need to be converted to regular threads until we find a classifieds plugin compatible with the latest forum software.

We will keep you posted in this thread on any changes or issues with the upcoming upgrade.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Thanks for the head up, man, appreciate it. Whatever you do, please don't mess with the vibes and commodry of this forum.... I've made some great friends out here on the fly, and I'd rather keep it that way. Translation - If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;) To quote Jeff Goldblum from Jurassic Park "Just because we could doesn't mean that we should" Over and out :cool:

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
The classifieds add-on is currently disabled as we prepare for the upgrade, which will take place on or around January 4th (Tuesday) at 10 am EST.

Ha! I was about to ask the question - What happened to the classifieds??? :) Thanks for the update and hope your upgrades go smooth!

Fenderbaum

Tele-Meister
will this fix any site outage that is being happening lately?
Sometimes forum is slow or totally unresponsive / inaccessible.

Tommy Biggs

Friend of Leo's
Hey everyone! Just heads up that within the next two weeks, TDPRI's forum software will be upgraded with new features and other enhancements. During this major upgrade, the forum may experience some downtime. The current active Classifieds on the site will need to be converted to regular threads until we find a classifieds plugin compatible with the latest forum software.

We will keep you posted in this thread on any changes or issues with the upcoming upgrade.

wishing you guys a happy new year and a painless upgrade!

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
The classifieds add-on is currently disabled as we prepare for the upgrade, which will take place on or around January 4th (Tuesday) at 10 am EST.

Perfect timing! I'll be out of the house at that time, which is 9 am CST. Will the upgrade be done by Noon EST? Just asking. Not rushing anything. (I feel like a kid asking "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?)

drmordo

Friend of Leo's

I was wondering where the Classifieds link went!

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Thanks for the head up, man, appreciate it. Whatever you do, please don't mess with the vibes and commodry of this forum.... I've made some great friends out here on the fly, and I'd rather keep it that way. Translation - If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;) To quote Jeff Goldblum from Jurassic Park "Just because we could doesn't mean that we should" Over and out :cool:

Jeff Goldblum "Sure... that's how it starts. That's how it always starts. Then there's the running and the screaming".

Might apply here in a few days.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member

I really appreciate the proactive notice. I'm prepared for things that may go rong, as they will no matter how well the team has prepared. Issues will get worked out.

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I hadn't noticed any performance issues and I can't imagine what enhancements would be useful or necessary--so I can't wait to see!

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Ya..messed up my Iphone .
My alerts went missing..I have to drill
down on my profile to find it.
I only use phone for everything,
So now to get your alerts ( now hiding behind Avatar) if you put your phone on 'rotate' then go horizontal,
You can get to alerts ( got this from another TDPRI member- thanks!)

It sucks as I don't like or rarely use 'rotate' but it works for this

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I only use phone for everything,
So now to get your alerts ( now hiding behind Avatar) if you put your phone on 'rotate' then go horizontal,
You can get to alerts ( got this from another TDPRI member- thanks!)

It sucks as I don't like or rarely use 'rotate' but it works for this
Ah. Tks. Lose rest of screen but workable. It is a lot easier on pc.