1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

magnesium citrate today-moviprep tomorrow

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Guitardvark, Feb 8, 2020.

1. sugarinthegourd

sugarinthegourd Tele-Meister

#bestnapever

2. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

My doctor - who also happens to be a babe! - uses the Dulcolax/Gatorade/Miralax prep. It's easy, and the procedure is easy too.

MUCH easier than the brain surgery I had a few years back.

willie and hollowman like this.
  3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

yep no fam history here so i opt out for this as well
    Of course, I had to take the opp to tell you all about it at the time
    https://www.tdpri.com/threads/i-pooped-in-a-box-today.717803/

4. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Was not aware of some of that info. My doc was on me about it for a year, she's Greek, so maybe she didn't understand my thought process, but then it only took 10 months for her to offer a Plan B. Makes me go "HMMmmmmm".

5. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I suspect doctors in general are in the busine$$ of selling colonoscopies

call me paranoid, but i don't trust them

ronzhd likes this.
  6. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Just think - you now know what the space shuttle feels like!

Guitardvark likes this.
  7. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

failed. got to do it over.. I hate my life

all doc found was a duodenal ulcer in the EGD.

poor prep was cited as failure of the colonoscopy. I did all i was told and was not enough. the soft food diet I was given had something I ate that didn't fall out.

re scheduled and next time I'm just going to starve. I lost 11 lbs in 2 days. 114 on weigh in.

yeah I got the michael jackson killer drug propofol. i dint make it a few seconds once my head got fuzzy kabooom. took me a day to shake it off cus I got so skinny and weak from the water diet..been asleep for a few days now. just tired of it all..dr told me she put me on the liver transplant list just in case bec it takes 6 - 9 months for approval. :(

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  8. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Afflicted

I have a heart issue that makes it so that mine have to be done in the hospital with light general anesthesia. No big deal. The prep is, as I've said, the worst I've felt when not actually sick. Lost a bunch of weight and felt horrible for three days. Then the actual procedure was a nice nap followed by my beautiful wife and a nice nurse fussing over me. Then a good meal to bring my blood sugar out of the basement.

The prep is the worst part.

Bob

Guitardvark likes this.
  9. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

as cheech and chong would say.. bummer, man....:D

I'd hate to have to do a re run ..... :(

10. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

Magnesium citrate is no joke. You may lose about 6 feet of intestine, but the other 24 feet will be spotless.

11. longbow

longbow Tele-Holic

I had this done in the begining of Jan. of this year and they had to stop cause they said I was in to much pain when they did the procedure and I still had to much crap in my colon which surprises me cause I didn't have any left I thought when I was done using the stuff they gave me to drink. Also the doc said I had a kinked colon. I had to have another one with 2 full days of fasting and then a double dose of the stuff they gave me, one on a Sat and one on a Sun. Proc. was scheduled for a Mon. a.m. start at 0900.

So I get there to the hospital cause they said they had to put me under deep sedation cause the first time being in pain, which I can't remember cause I was knocked out. So anyways I get the waiting area at the hospital at 0845, check in and the lady checking me in gives me a funny look and told me to take a seat. So I wait an hour while everyone else is going in ahead of me. Then I hear my name called and I go out and meet with Nurse Crachet. She tells me my appt. has been rescheduled for 1400 that afternoon and someone called me on Fri or Sat. Well no one called me and long story short I told them to get fuked basically and I ain't doing it. The doc called me at noon to apologize and I could have the procedure done the next week, the same scenario with basically 3 days of fasting a double prep which requires me to drink 4 total bottles of the stuff they gave me. The procedure would be about done about 50 miles from my house so a hundred mile round trip. No thanks I said in not so polite terms. I figure it this way I already have cancer of the prostate, I have a lump growing on my right nut, and I have an aneurysm in my abdominal aorta that isn't big enough to fix yet. So with as everything else I'll take my chances. That's it.

Guitardvark likes this.
  12. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

I see I'm not the only one sent on a failed mission. I'm still trying to eat something nutritious and was told no cheeseburgers for a few days.. I need a double blue cheeseburger w bacon and eat until I hurts :).. I suffered enough for nothing. I'm gonna beat this next time though. We got to find where these tumor markers are coming from and only got a few more places to look.

having lungs checked tomorrow and see what this GGN nodule is doing and how Im going to deal with the COPD. I keep wanting to go smoke a cigarette and forget I dont smoke anymore but damn I sure want one....even dreamed I was smoking a cigarette and couldn't get no smoke out of it. woke up mad too..I think it signified my frustration with my life right now more than just wanting to go smoke.. :) its hard going straight when ya been a junkie all yer life

13. longbow

longbow Tele-Holic

I haven't dreamed about smoking, gave it up around 85 when I saw my father in law dying of COPD and smoking so I quit. I did have a pretty weird dream though. I am in this room and its all black marble walls and counters, but the floor was dull red tiles but everything else was just pristine. Gleaming white shallow porcelan tubs, brilliant s.s. fixtures with hoses and stuff. So I'm walking around the room and this tall dude walks in in lab whites and starts showing me around. He had a funny glow about him too! Anyways he's showing me everything in the room and we get to the tubs. There are 2 of them side by side. So I ask him what these gorgeous tubs are for and he looks at me and says, why for when I embalm you. Yep woke right up. I am taking terazadone at night so I can get more than a couple of hours of sleep, and supposedly one of the side effects is vivid dreams. Hell ya they're vivid.

Hope it all works out for you man. I know I don't let **** upset me like it used to so that is a plus on my side.

Guitardvark likes this.
  14. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

I liked it.

okay, no.

But it beats the hell out of the alternative.

Guitardvark likes this.
  15. jrblue

jrblue Friend of Leo's

I was diagnosed with colo-rectal cancer, was ultimately saved from major surgery and chemo thanks to expert polyp cutting during a series of colonoscopies, so as much as I hate the prep, I say "sign me up!" when another year rolls around. Wear a bag; die; go through chemo... I'll do a colonoscopy any day. Early detection is great, late detection is critical at best. I feel sorry for the poor guy who was told he could go with some soft food. It's stupid of them to do anything but tell you to get completely clear. Who wants to do it twice?

Ignatius and Guitardvark like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.