Magical Deluxe Reverb RI?

UpstateDon

TDPRI Member
I found this thing and was blown away. Old blonde one from the 90s, with jensen alnico. Played it against many other amps - handwired etc. Just smokes them. I was even playing a Bartel the other day (which was sweet), but I was like "eh, I like my amp). Volume is barely on in these clips...just a touch of gain from Barber Gain Changer. Recorded with my iphone. And when you turn this amp up...oh baby it's good. Not sure why this amp is so good, but it is.

zhyla

Tele-Meister
Nice playing! Sounds great. Sometimes you just find something that stands out. I doubt it’s anything but the speaker being just right for you and well broken in.

Congrats!

telemaster03

Tele-Holic
Nice playing, nailed the Roy Nichols solo in the first clip. I might have to drag my DRRI out and revisit, been thinking about selling it.

mad dog

Friend of Leo's
I had a DRRI from the first year they were made. Had to sort out a few things to get it right. Way crappy tubes, extremely cold bias, defective reverb tank. Then I swapped in a greenback. The speaker and better tubes really changed the deal. That was a rocking amp. I also had a BFDR at the time, so sold the DRRI. Should have kept it.

UpstateDon

TDPRI Member
Nice playing, nailed the Roy Nichols solo in the first clip. I might have to drag my DRRI out and revisit, been thinking about selling it.
Thanks...I really have gotten into him and Jimmy Bryant lately, which have been great challenges...really forcing me to flatpick with my thumbpick better. Switched to the bumblebee last May and not looking back.

I also used to rag on DRRIs...especially when I had a silverface...however, there are great ones to be found.