Made this Pink Floyd jam in honor of my late father

wyldelife

TDPRI Member
Today marks a decade since my father died.

I’m not any good with words, so I figured I would make a musical tribute to his memory by doing my version of a song he loved.

This is my version of “Shine on you crazy diamond” and every note in it is dedicated to his memory.

wyldelife

TDPRI Member
Thank you for sharing! Shine on You Crazy Diamond was written as a tribute to Syd Barrett. If your dad was a Floyd fan, what a fitting tribute to him played by you!
Thanks for all the kind comments!

My father was a Floyd fan and I remember getting to stay up a bit extra late to watch the whole reunion show they did at Live 8.

Many memories and feelings tied up to that band.

boredguy6060

Poster Extraordinaire
Your dad died very young, may he Rest In Peace, your a good son, I’m sure he’s very proud.
Every time I hear that song from now on I’ll remember this.
Happy New Year,

Chicago Matt

Friend of Leo's
Very nice, Thomas. I've enjoyed your posts, your playing, and your new Les Paul Special! You seem like a really good guy, and I'm sure your father would be proud of you.

By the way, I've wanted a Les Paul Special for decades, I had one in the 70s that I had to let go of. I finally ordered one a couple of weeks ago and am told I should get it by April. I hope I make it sound as good as you do. :)

Rock on!