Macca at Glastonbury........

Rusty Spanner

Tele-Meister
......wow.

He's 80 and of course, his voice isn't what it used to be, but my word, what a show.

Great set, an amazing band, special guests (I expected him, but not HIM!) and lots of very happy punters.

He seemed to enjoy himself too.

I thought he did remarkably well and was very pleasantly surprised at the intensity and depth of the performance.

If you get the chance, watch it.

Love to all,
Pete.

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
Cool.
also check out Robert Plant and Alison Krause at Glastonbury 22.
levee breaks…great stuff.

whats with the flags!?
you want to see an act and some DH has a bloody flag in the way.
Those flags were supposed to be banned, at one point you could hardly see the stage for them!

TC 57

Tele-Meister
......wow.

He's 80 and of course, his voice isn't what it used to be, but my word, what a show.

Great set, an amazing band, special guests (I expected him, but not HIM!) and lots of very happy punters.

He seemed to enjoy himself too.

I thought he did remarkably well and was very pleasantly surprised at the intensity and depth of the performance.

If you get the chance, watch it.

Love to all,
Pete.
Yes, but I still think it's time he called it a day. This was Paul, now we close the lid. Same goes for the Stones...the music has no more depth or meaning and it gets more embarrassing as the years roll by. Keith fell over on stage recently. It will of course mark the end of good music for people of a certain generation

Rusty Spanner

Tele-Meister
I don't agree.
Getting old is not 'embarrassing'. It's empowering.

Singing 'Blackbird', alone, to that crowd, at that age has a different "depth and meaning' than it did when he originally recorded it.

And as a person of a certain generation I realise that ALL music is valid.
Please, don't impose your preconceptions on us.

bowman

Friend of Leo's
Haven’t seen Glastonbury yet, but I can believe he was great because I saw him 2 weeks ago in Boston and he was fabulous. Just an amazing show. I also saw him in 2009 and I really think he’s better now. And he definitely played more songs this time. He gives you all he has on whatever night you see him and you can tell he’s into it, not just playing the hits. But of course most of his songs ARE hits…

TC 57

Tele-Meister
I don't agree.
Getting old is not 'embarrassing'. It's empowering.

Singing 'Blackbird', alone, to that crowd, at that age has a different "depth and meaning' than it did when he originally recorded it.

And as a person of a certain generation I realise that ALL music is valid.
Please, don't impose your preconceptions on us.
I waited for him to come on and the first number he did was 'Cant buy me love'. that's when I switched the TV off. I have watched clips of the show since; he did 'All my Loving' and the one he always does is 'Hey Jude' doesn't feel any better. plus film clips of the four of them from Abbey Road. For me you can only watch the same film-or laugh at the same joke, read the same book for so long..then you have to move on. Off stage the stories he tells, the anecdotes, I've heard so many times...