LPJ. 2016 - 2022 build.

rexhunta

Tele-Meister
As a rainy day gets, today was a good one to keep going on a project.

in about 2016, I had glued and cut out this piece of Acacia, it's the ends to a benchtop I made for my study, I had 2 bits left over, so laminated them together. I cut the shape roughly, and left it sitting up on a shed in my building room.

I'm not the biggest fan of Gibsons, but I really like Les Paul Juniors, so I decided to make my own out of this timber. Last year sometime I ordered a neck, and was keen to get on with it, but then I randomly saw a Toronado on the net and had to build that, so built that instead :lol:

But anyway, today was a bleak autumn day here, I had a spare day, and decided to get up in the room and get some **** done.

I routed out the neck, then when going through my boxes of parts, I found the bridge. The one to use. A... Floyd Rose.

I got this bridge when I bought a LTD Alexi-200 that was pieces, I used the neck on my coil split twin humbucker tele, and just kept the rest.

I set the neck at the 3 degree angle, went onto the FR site and got the routing specifics, and went to town. I haven't finished any of the sanding.

1 thing that I don't like is the LPJ neck pocket. I don't know whether to change this or not, haven't completely decided.

Definitely thinking staining the front, and then gloss black the sides and back, i'm in 2 minds, whatever i do, I definitely want the sides to be gloss black though. Will be single humbucker tail with vol/tone and maybe coilsplit as well.

EhejMmj.jpg

Pete.

jimmywrangles

Tele-Holic
The thing about building your own guitars is if you don't like something about the retail guitar you're copying you can change it to suit yourself, I love Teles with set necks so that's what I like making and I'm sure there are people who like LP's with bolt on necks.
Building your own guitar is awesome.