Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by thecableguy, Nov 15, 2014.
Really digging this build. It's definitely making me want to try some new stuff, and push my limits.
Awesome work - those look great.
Beautiful Brian. Super clean work. I was looking at that other lacquer from wood essence. I'll be curious to see how it compares to the Target stuff.
I'm learning a lot from your build, Sir. Thanks much for posting it! I am really looking forward to your finishing, as I have despaired of buying a blue Les Paul and figure I'll have to make my own. Please include as much detail as possible on your finishing process.
Admiring your work!
Any particular reason why you built the neck with a volute?
That's a beautiful join. I am currently making a walnut and flamed ash top LP-ish bass, and though I will probably go for bolt on, I think I may well copy that lovely curve you have done there.
Thanks Richard! I went with it because it's supposed to be more optically clear than the EM6000.
Thanks very much guys. It's a fun build!
Thanks Rex! I'll make sure and detail the finishing. That's always been my weak point so hopefully I can get it to turn out alright!
Mostly I just like the look of them and it provides a bit of extra meat at the base of the headstock.
Please do! I've learned so much here I'd love to contribute back to the community!
That neck joint might as well be a neck through it is so seamless - great work!
Great build Brian!
You are making me drool. I love every single thing about this build. Blue looks great on Quilted Maple. Maybe you need to start over
Wowza! Another beauty in the making!!
LesPaul from walnut
This one was made from european walnut, and fretboard from birch
That is great work Brian!!! It will be beautiful.
Thanks nosmo. Hmmm, maybe I should build another!
Starting on the finishing. I wet the top down with some water to fuzz up the grain. I'm going to mix the dye with water so I'm going to do this a couple times, sanding off the fuzz to keep from raising the grain too much with the dye.