Lowden Rhythm

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by teledubya, Sep 3, 2008.

1. teledubya

teledubya TDPRI Member

So I've been looking at buying a Lowden acoustic. I have heard many great examples of them being played fingerstyle, very impressive sound. But my problem is that I also play rhythm quite a bit as well, probably just as much as playing fingerstyle. So I was wondering anyone's opinion on how Lowdens, particularly the F models, sound being played rhythm, any you tube examples also would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

2. fakeocaster

fakeocaster Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Theyre great for that . Lots of people use them for Irish Traditional session where they have to compete ,unamplified,with fiddles,mandolins , bodhrans and drunken audiences

3. teledubya

teledubya TDPRI Member

Awesome! Good to hear something that sounds that great is versatile!
    Now just to save the money for one
    Thanks fakeocaster!
    Anyone else with an opinion on the Lowden brand your opinion would be appreciated as well

4. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

I've only played one Lowden, ( but lusted after them for years! ) and found it to be a wonderful guitar for rhythm. I wouldn't get too caught up in the finger style vs strum thing. The bottom line is, if a guitar sounds good, it sounds good......and I do believe Lowdens sound good!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.