Low-cost amp for running stereo with headphone port for quiet practice?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Turboconman, Mar 26, 2020 at 5:34 PM.

1. Turboconman

Turboconman NEW MEMBER!

Hey there,

First post here! Probably should drop by the "welcome wagon" and introduce myself a bit, maybe I'll do that after this.

For now I'm after some advice from those more knowledgeable than myself. I run a MIM telecaster through a moderate pedalboard into a Fender Pro-Junior IV. I prefer clean amps, play jazz and Coldplay type stuff, and use pedals for any dirt.
    I'm looking to pick up a low-cost (250.- or under) second amp to play around with running stereo, but also because the wife and I are trying to make some babies and I want something with a headphone jack for quiet play. I've been looking at a few amps:
    - Vox VT20 (or 40)x
    - Vox AV15
    - Bugera v5 Infinium
    - Marshall DSL1CR
    - Fender Champion 40
    - Boss Katana 50
    - Yamaha THR5

Is there anyone who has a good, informed opinion about any of these options? Or does anyone have any other suggestions for me to look into it?

Sorry if I'm throwing too much criteria out there, just looking for some help.

2. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Friend of Leo's

What? Aren't you supposed to be part of that whole process?

Those Yamaha's look very interesting. And they are stylish enough that they can be on a bookcase with a plant sitting next to them and they look like they belong in a living room.

3. john_cribbin

john_cribbin Tele-Afflicted

Welcome to the forum.

For what you're looking for any of those should fit the bill.

Lots of love here for the Yamaha. I've had the Vox VT in the past, good piece of kit, but the headphone socket is known to be fragile.

Don't forget the Fender Mustang, good solid range there.

4. Turboconman

Turboconman NEW MEMBER!

Thanks for the tips, guys. I found a THR10C for 196.- and ordered that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.