Low blood sugar crash

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Jul 31, 2019.

1. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Been on Metformin maybe 5 years now. I'm usually in the 140's if I'm good.
    Have the neuropathy in my toes AND if I wear my socks too high it'll leave a scary ring around the shins.
    Main thing for me is eating small twice a day at my part-time job. I probably shouldn't be driving a delivery truck anymore but I gotta pay Rent and I gotta eat the right things which can be on the expensive side.
    If I get Type 1 I'll have to leave The United States or "roll myself up into a big ball and die,my my. That's life." -Francis Albert Sinatra:D:eek::lol::D

2. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

I’m sorry too ! It’s an insidious disease ! My doc always warns me to watch for the low sugar events because they seem to be the most damaging. I sure wish you the very best !

Keep after it BT ! It’s all we can do :)

3. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Son Seals lost his leg to it too. His sister said he just gave up in the end, had no energy.
    Do You ever get sensations that you're getting poked with a needle in Your upper thigh?

4. ab2012

ab2012 Tele-Holic

Not really....I get phantom pain from a foot that no longer exists. Thank you all for the well wishes.

5. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

So sorry, @ab2012, diabetes is a *****. Lost one sister at 53 to Type 2, just lost a sister at 63 to Type 1. I'm Type 2, for 20+ years, lost from 300lbs to 200lbs and kept in check for 15 years, but now take metformin, trulicity, and jardiance. Sugar in the morning runs between 58 and 110, at 58 I feel terrible, at 110 pretty good. I have nightmares about losing a foot or a leg. I hate it.

6. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Hope you can level that out. Saw my Dad get really bad at super low blood sugar levels, my friend Ernie did the same. Be careful there Blowtorch.

7. ab2012

ab2012 Tele-Holic

It’s a *****,but I have it and have no choice but to deal with it. I got sick with an infection in January of 2018. Constantly ill . In and out of hospitals for over a year. I tried everything to save my leg but this past February the doctor said the infection is in my bone and if we don’t remove the leg I wouldn’t be living to much longer. When you are faced with that the decision is easy. The worst was the antibiotics,so strong. I was allergic to one and that almost killed me.

8. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I worry about every single person I know who is diabetic. It takes such vigilance. My mother in law went into low sugar coma twice from OD'ing on insulin. Had to call 911 both times...she would not come around without a shot of whatever.

My hearts out to all of you who battle diabetes.

Harry Styron likes this.
  9. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

My heart goes out to you ! Sometimes the cures can be almost as bad as the sickness. Sometimes it takes an enormous effort just to keep going, i have tremendous respect for the effort you have had to put forth just to be here today !

10. ab2012

ab2012 Tele-Holic

Nickadermis...thank you. Feeling much better and learning how to walk again. After all I went through....I treated myself to a Rick Kelly Tele style I bought off of Reverb....

Nickadermis likes this.
  11. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

There's a certain societal stigma to diabetes. A perception like it's some first world problem disease, earned through slothfulness and a diet of too much sugary foods. But it's not necessarily the case, at all

I personally know two very-fit-all-their-lives marathon runners who came down diabetic, out of the blue

12. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I helped a diabetic during the training for his first marathon. He has run three since then. It has a lot to do with self discipline. I know, easier said than done. He is really enjoying life and very proud of how well he can manage his blood sugar levels throughout the day. A very social guy, he does not hesitate at all to tell people when he has to eat or drink something.

13. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I do too.

14. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Here in Oz we're all being told to go low ( or cut out) sugar. I have a banana as a fructose sugar fix, or some fruit.It helps.
    The local Coca- Cola factory has shut down ( makes Miller beer now), people are going off sugar I fear the folks who grow it in Queensland ( our tropical state) will have to grow an alternative crop.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.