Love my amp but I’m getting too lazy to use it

Dik Ellis

Tele-Holic
I play my amps at home at bedroom levels (that's what the pedals are for). For recording I like going direct, and I have some nice modeling toys for that purpose. I only mic vocals and acoustic guitars.
www.n1m.com/dikellis

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire
To me recording and playing are two different things….recording is a PIA….playing is fun….but thats just me.
I agree that recording and playing are very different. Modelers can be great for recording a rhythm track. its hard to distinguish when it’s sitting in a mix.
Funny. I would rather piss of my neighbors. I just leave my Princeton micd and I’m about to sell the iridium because it takes too much fiddling with to get a good sound imo
I’m not as worried about my neighbors. I have both to let me know if it gets bothersome to them. But the Iridium comes in handy when it’s late night or zero dark thirty n the morning. I have a favorite setting saved on my Iridium and it’s a platform for my pedalboard.
Love the sound of my tube amps so guess I won’t be switching to any ,odeling stuff. Sounds too complicated for this old dog!
Some modelers are complex with menus, routing, I/O but the Iridium or new UAFX pedals are set up likes amps.

lefty73

Tele-Afflicted
For me, it took precisely one jam with my NUX Amp Academy and a powered monitor to know I didn't need a real amp anymore for a live playing situation. It got even better on the off-days playing at home because the sound and feel were exactly the same as at the jam, only at TV-watching volume or even when using a decent pair of studio headphones.

Do I want a really nice real amp? Of course, I'd love a Suhr Bella or a Plexi or an Orange Rockerverb or... my list is a mile long, like most, I'd imagine.

Need? Not anymore for this guy.

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire
Do I want a really nice real amp? Of course, I'd love a Suhr Bella or a Plexi or an Orange Rockerverb or... my list is a mile long, like most, I'd imagine.
I used to think that if I had unlimited funds and space I’d like to have th3 following:
Deluxe Reverb
Super Reverb
Bluesbreaker
Plexi
AC 30 Top Boost

But now, even if had the money and space I wouldn’t care about them. It’s the same with guitars.

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
I love my amps (Studio Silver Jubilee, Supro, Vox and Orange of various types), but have always played 90% of my time unplugged. Completely, even with electrics. This has got even more pronounced since I play semi hollow guitars for the most time.

Think it comes from not having an amp when I was young, having young kids in the house and not wanting to disturb the neighbors.