1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Louis Electric Cobra 183 Head - Dumble Clone

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by NJBlues, Dec 1, 2020.

1. NJBlues

NJBlues NEW MEMBER!

Hey folks,

Have you seen or hear anything about Louis Electric's Dumble amp. Gear page has some great things to say about it. Let me know if you have any experience with it.

Cobra Head Clip.jpg

Tag303 likes this.
  2. skhan007

skhan007 TDPRI Member

I think it's brand new and only a few people have bought them, so far. Lead time, I believe is a couple of months. I've listened to all the clips and it sounds great. According to Tag, it's the closest to his Dumble 183. That being said, my Fuchs ODS sounds nearly identical (again, only going by clips, I've never heard the Louis in-person). I these recent Dumble clones (including my Fuchs) are really good at getting that Robben Ford type tone. I see you're in NJ- you could go play this amp in-person at Louis' shop, I'm sure.

Tag303 likes this.
  3. ab2012

ab2012 Tele-Holic

Went to his shop once. Meticulous builder. Great stuff.

Tag303 likes this.
  4. Tag303

Tag303 TDPRI Member

Its as good as any Dumble out there. None of the clones could satisfy me, thats why Shad at Quinn and now Lou built these. It has the huge low mids that none of the other clones have, has all the brightness you could want yet still stays smooth, just like my Dumble did that no other clone can match. Absolutely amazing amp. Read the reviews, listen to the clips, get to Lous and play one!!

I have no affiliation with Lou or Shad. Zip. Bagel. Goose egg. Nada. Zilch.
    :)

skhan007 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.