Loudest show you've attended

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Feb 17, 2015.

1. superjay

superjay Tele-Meister

Spiritualized October 19th 2003 at the Opera House in Toronto

I could feel the wall of sound hit me...IT WAS GREAT!!!

2. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Concert: The Who, SF Civic Auditorium 1972 But it was a good loud!

Medium Sized Venue: Lee Michaels Fillmore West. He had his own PA system along with the house rig.

Club: Chris Duarte at Linden's here in Fort Collins. Even with ear plugs my ears were ringing the next day. I had to leave. I think he just had too much amp for the room.

3. Journeyman22

Journeyman22 Tele-Meister

Steppenwolf in Baltimore MD (1968) At a night club called the "Zoo" (or something like that). Steppenwolf wasn't too well known there at that time. Being from California, I knew who they were. This was a small night club. Steppenwolf flew in from Florida and walked into the club took one look, and did an about face to leave. The owner of the club talked them into doing the show.
    It took a while to set up, the whole back wall of the night club was stacked to the ceiling with Fender 4/12 speaker cabinets. I think I counted 14 in all. This night club could probably hold about. maybe 100 people tops, Only a third of that showed up. It was like going to a private showing of Steppenwolf. After the show I couldn't hardly hear for about 4 hours. Man, it was the best of all the shows, I had gone too back then. Loved the" Pusher Man" song. Other than that NHRA Top fuel and Funny Cars!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  4. jwp333

jwp333 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Always think of George Thorogood back in 1981 as the opener for the Rolling Stones. It was that piercing loud tone that I think caused some damage. Has been a while since I saw a show that I thought was too loud, probably a bad sign.

5. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Alice Cooper in Poughkeepsie NY a few years ago. My ears were not worthy afterwards!

6. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

My first concert was Jane's Addiction at the Eagle's Ballroom in Milwaukee, 90 (or 90, can't remember) For some reason the big PA speakers were just set on the floor, and the crowd shoved forward so much I was pinned RIGHT UP AGAINST the speaker grill, thruout the entire show. Pretty much all I heard was BRUNNNNNNNNNNNNUHHBRUNNNNNNNZZZZZAGHBRUNNNNNNNNNNNDUHDUHDUHDUHBRUNN
    the whole time. I got so nauseous I actually threw up into the speaker, and came pretty close to wetting myself. (And I was stone sober, too). I couldn't hear anything for 3-4 days, and then mostly tinnitus for the next week. I still have pretty gnarly tinnitus to this day.
    I saw Lou Reed at the Orpheum (or was it the State Theater? Jeez...) in about 2000, that was pants-shaking loud even up in the balcony, but absolutely crystal clear, like I was inside my Dad's hi-fi speakers. Seriously THE best concert sound I've ever heard.

7. SoundDesign

SoundDesign TDPRI Member

Concert: Tool in Hamilton, ON. They were so loud and so tight I felt a bit nauseous.

Show: King's X in a Bar in London, ON.

8. BMor

BMor Tele-Meister

Take care of your ears, use protection.
    I can't stand a loud festival or concert for more than 30 minutes without hearing protection.

9. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Tele-Holic

Either Hole (shortly after Cobain's suicide. She was probably literally insane that night.) at the old R&R Station in Madison or Grant Hart solo at O’Cayz Corral the night or three before it burned down.

10. Jeff_K

Jeff_K Friend of Leo's

Funny to see Chris Duarte mentioned a number of times. I thought he was an underappreciated regional player here. I think his part of this list is because he plays small places. Truly a great player. And loud. Not as loud as AC/DC in Mexico City c. 2000. Loud even with plugs but what a show.

11. BigWillyInd

BigWillyInd Tele-Afflicted

Anything at Harpo's (in Detroit )

12. bendercaster

bendercaster Tele-Holic

The loudest show I have ever been to was the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion about 10 years ago at Harlow's in Sacramento. My ears felt like blown out speakers by the end of the night. I left 15 minutes into Jon's theremin solo. The band was great up until then, but way too loud.

13. Tazz3

Tazz3 Friend of Leo's

I was at small club called sundance it was a rock club and the rock band zebra was playing it was freaking loud .this was about 20 years ago my ears still buzz lol

14. holndav

holndav Friend of Leo's

Ted Nugent in the 80's at the Old Lady on Brady in Tulsa

My ears hurt just thinking about it

Imagine something so loud that four teenagers who love music....left before the show ended

I thought I was going to die

15. blujaz1

blujaz1 TDPRI Member

Wet Willie. Fillmore West around 1972. Boeing 727s on take off are quieter.

16. Badabing

Badabing Friend of Leo's

Insane Clown Posse!!!!

It was in a Basketball Arena and I was in the last row the furthest away from the stage all the way in the very back of the Arena, I couldn't hear myself talking!!!!

17. Bees_Knees

Bees_Knees Tele-Meister

I saw The Misfits in a small club years ago. To this day, it is still the loudest show I have ever attended, and that includes stadium shows. It was insane.

18. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I worked the Black Crowes here in Kamloops it was a great show well balanced levels here ( and I got to talk to Kate Hudson). it must have been a monster arena.

The loudest show I saw was Emerson Lake and Palmer 15 watts for each person in the audience sold out show in Vancouver at the Colisium I had tinitus for 3 weeks,

19. Tele-Belly

Tele-Belly Tele-Meister

More prop's for Big Sugar, and Gordie Johnson.
    Medium size bar, they offered everyone ear plugs at the door.

Johnny Winter….Had to back off, felt myself about to hit the floor at least twice.

Link Wray, incredibly loud.

Motorheads always a contender.

20. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's

ZZ Top in Baltimore in 2007. The played with the Pretenders and Stray Cats.
    I left 3/4 the way thru ZZ's set and I was at the back of the auditorium

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.