Lou Reed Live in Europe

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by ping-ping-clicka, Dec 1, 2019.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Holic

Lou Reed Live in Italy

Live In Italy is an album by Lou Reed recorded live over two nights in September 1983 using the Rolling Stones Mobile Unit. It was issued on vinyl only in Germany, UK and Japan. At the time, Reed and his band were on a world tour to promote the album Legendary Hearts.

:oops:My favorite L.R. Band
    with the exception of
    the Velvet Underground Band of coarse.;)

2. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

Cool of course, but I really like the line up on "New York". That's my favorite one.

Dan R likes this.
  3. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

I saw Lou Reed during the 'New York' Tour. Michael Rathke on guitar and Rob Wasserman on bass. Mo Tucker's band Half Japanese opened. There were some props of neon signs and some cityscapes of NY. Theatrical in a sparse way. Lou was cool, smoked a cigarette on stage, in a no smoking venue. All band members were dressed in black. Total kick ass concert. Love Lou so much.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  4. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

That had to be freaking cool. Wasserman really made that band for me. Oh, yeah, the lyrics were great, too.

Dan R likes this.
  5. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

Not to hijack, but check out the guitar work here. Rathke and Reed are on time with great tone. This always impressed me.

6. Slap Axe

Slap Axe TDPRI Member

I had the pleasure of seeing Lou Reed perform solo at the Sundance Film Festival a couple of years before he passed. Unforgettable performance.

thunderbyrd and telestratosonic like this.
  7. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I know the "New York" band was very good and very hip, but my favorite Lou Reed band will always be the Rock and Roll Animal band, with Hunter and Wagner. that's what I heard before I ever heard VU and any of his other stuff. "Intro/Sweet Jane" is still one of my peak listening experiences.

I realize this was a non-typical Lou Reed moment and was designed to be commercial and to break him through to a teenage audience - hey, in my case, it worked.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.