lots of tele's on stage, Prince live at the Brit awards 2006

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by darylcrisp, May 11, 2021.

1. Oxidao

Oxidao Tele-Meister

Lefty Addams likes this.
  2. hamerfan

hamerfan Tele-Meister

He is a widely underrated guitar player. He has everything that is needed: Feeling, expression and power

Lefty Addams likes this.
  3. JJLC

JJLC Tele-Holic

Prince was just like everyone else, human, but he was also a musical genius, besides his other considerable talents. The thing about Prince is, he had an insatiable appetite to learn not only how to play just about every musical instrument used on any of his recordings, he also was a master of all the recording studio tools he had available to him. Prince had a natural ability within him that most musicians will never have the good fortune to be born with, nor to expand upon, once they have realized said talent. Simply put, Prince was prodigious.

Prince was not everyone's cup-O-tea, and that is art in general. Art is in the eye of the beholder.
    I was very fortunate to have seen Prince perform live; it was one of the most surreal music 'events' I have ever witnessed. I honestly have to say it was nearly like some religious experience. It seemed as everyone in the audience was elevated to a complete different level; I know that was my experience.

The first time I saw Buckethead was a very strange day here in the Twin Cities; I was sooooooo stoked to go see Buckethead for the first time. Less than 12 hours before the Buckethead show someone came into my office & said, "Prince is dead; they found Prince dead at Paisley Park." People everywhere here were in a collective state of shock, grief, mourning, some were crying; it was such a ****ty day. Then I get to the Buckethead show, and the place was like a morgue. Even in death Prince held a captive audience. The man was a genius.

The strangest thing is they say Prince was found dead in an elevator, on the first floor.
    "Are we gonna let the elevator bring us down, oh no, let's go, let's go ......."
    The man was a pure genius.

Oxidao likes this.
  4. 68tele

68tele Friend of Leo's

Imagine having to go on after Prince :lol:

blowtorch likes this.
  5. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.