Lots Gibson Custom Shop Adam Jones Signature '79s on Reverb

bsman

Friend of Leo's
I wonder how many of those are stolen??? I happened to be searching for "1979" electric guitars...

https://www.sweetwater.com/about/press-releases/00447

upload_2021-12-5_19-2-8.png

Slap Axe

Tele-Meister
Hmmm. Well if there are “lots” of that particular guitar for sale on Reverb, my initial guess would be quite a few are from the stolen lot, but wouldn’t there be a list of the serial numbers that were stolen? Seems like they’d be hard to get away with selling on a high profile site like Reverb.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Hmmm. Well if there are “lots” of that particular guitar for sale on Reverb, my initial guess would be quite a few are from the stolen lot, but wouldn’t there be a list of the serial numbers that were stolen? Seems like they’d be hard to get away with selling on a high profile site like Reverb.
The linked notice from Sweetwater lists the serials. And there are only 8 similar guitars on Reverb when I search it. Not likely to be any of the stolen ones. What struck me was “$95,000 retail” and “13 guitars.” By my math, that comes out to… carry the seven… uhh… about Too Much Dollars and 99 cents each!!

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
The linked notice from Sweetwater lists the serials. And there are only 8 similar guitars on Reverb when I search it. Not likely to be any of the stolen ones. What struck me was “$95,000 retail” and “13 guitars.” By my math, that comes out to… carry the seven… uhh… about Too Much Dollars and 99 cents each!!

~ $7310 a pop... sure sounds like modern Gibson price tags to me. Especially if they're some really hot shot limited edition thing.