Lost Highway One Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Flatfoot, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Flatfoot

Flatfoot Tele-Meister

Folks, I'm sorry to report that I lost a 2009 Highway One Tele (the one in my avatar) out of my equipment trailer this past Tuesday afternoon, August 6, 2019. It wasn't stolen. After 35 years of pulling a cargo trailer full of musical equipment weekly, I failed to secure my trailer door. I posted the incident on Facebook and a local fella sent me a message saying he saw my guitar case on the edge of US 63, About 4 miles south of Willow Springs, Missouri (south-central Missouri about 35 miles north of the Arkansas line). I had traveled that route from West Plains, Missouri to Mountain Grove, Missouri before realizing that the door had come open.

The guitar is 3-tone sunburst with a maple fretboard. It has brass compensated saddles, a neck plate that has the Corona, Ca markings (instead of the stock plain chrome plate) and a mod done to the tone circuit that includes a mini toggle switch mounted on the control plate between the volume and tone knobs/pots. The last two digits of the serial number are 59. It was in an SKB case - the guitar shaped one, not the squared-off one.

Also lost was a Bose Tonematch Mixer in a Pelican case.

I know it's a long shot, but wanted to do everything in my power to spread the word. Thanks!

logans_tele likes this.
  2. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I hear you.

So, the stuff should be off to the right, as you're going Northbound. And that's divided road, median in the middle - right?

Good luck. We've got a member from Halfway, and there's bound to be others.

I sure hope that SKB holds together. I sure got disenchanted with mine, after seeing all the wrecked ones in the back at various GC stores.

3. Wildcard_35

Wildcard_35 Tele-Meister

Good luck in finding your lost guitar and other belongings.

On a side note, I used to traverse that area quite a bit on long trips to see my grandparents. I recall there being an awesome gift shop/truck stop/restaurant called Hillbilly Junction near Willow Springs. I think it closed a while back, sadly.

4. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Bummer hope you find it, unscathed.

Flatfoot likes this.
  5. davenumber2

davenumber2 Friend of Leo's

Maybe a stupid question, but have you backtracked up that way and looked for it? Could be off in a ditch or something.

nojazzhere and Fretting out like this.
  6. Flatfoot

Flatfoot Tele-Meister

That's correct about the roadway. I have reason to believe that it slid out of the trailer as we were pulling back onto the roadway after a driver swap, so it should have fallen to the pavement at pretty low speed. I think it was probably picked up by someone in short order. ☹️

7. Flatfoot

Flatfoot Tele-Meister

Yes, Hillbilly Junction was quite a landmark for years! The building is empty at the moment.

Wildcard_35 likes this.
  8. Flatfoot

Flatfoot Tele-Meister

Yes, several times actually!

9. Steve 78

Steve 78 Friend of Leo's

Oh man, so sorry to hear that. I hope you find it. I thought this might be a Lynch themed guitar thread.

Flatfoot likes this.
  10. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Wow - that sucks! Hopefully, it finds its way home soon@

Flatfoot likes this.
  11. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

I'm sorry to hear that; good luck finding it and bringing it back home.

12. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Probably.

Maybe it would be a good idea to check in with the proprietor of the Antique Malls in that part of South Central Missouri. Most of them are really nice people and seem to have their ear to the ground - maybe they could be deputized so to speak, to be on the lookout for it. There's a small folding brochure covering several dozen Antique Malls of various types and sizes around there - maybe you could introduce yourself to some of them.

Flatfoot likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.