Looper to stereo monitor speakers - how?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by VerySlowHand, Jan 25, 2020.

1. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

Hi. I have a little home studio and currently don't use a power amp. My proposed pedalboard has a G3n with overdrive and distortion in front and I'm thinking of putting a dedicated looper at the end of the chain (in preference to using the G3n looper all the time).

I'll be sending out to an old pair of Behringer monitor speakers. The speakers have one 1/8" stereo input, right (which controls both speakers) and a cable from the right to the left speaker (I guess that's conventional).

Am I right in thinking that to get the signal from the looper to both speakers, I need a breakout cable that will connect the two outputs A/B from the looper - RC3 or Ditto X2 - to the stereo input in my monitor speaker?

(I tried sending a mono signal to the speakers and all I got was one speaker working.)

Might be a dumb question... hopefully that'll make the answer more straightforward.

Thanks.

2. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

PS. I was on the brink of throwing the speakers out and buying a little Blackstar stereo amplifier - which presumably will split the mono signal from the looper without the need for additional cables. Maybe that's just throwing the baby out with the bath water.

3. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

Yes - the manual for the Ditto 2x shows the outputs are both mono jacks. so you need a break-out cable to plug both outputs and adapt to your 1/8" stereo input.

assquatch20 likes this.
  4. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

Thanks FenderLover. Seems obvious, but 'sans amp' is new to me, so I just wanted to be sure.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.