1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Looper recommendations

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by stxrus, Sep 24, 2020.

1. esseff

esseff Tele-Afflicted

Very droll. :lol:

kevsonic likes this.
  2. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

It's as if someone has looped a looper thread.

String Tree and Old Deaf Roadie like this.
  3. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I bought a NUX Loop Core Deluxe. It is a lot of pedal. Up to 8 hrs. of record time, drum tracks, and USB up/download.
    However, the learning curve on it is somewhat steep. I have not had it very long, but the more I use it, the more I realize what an awesome tool it can be.

4. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Friend of Leo's

Consider one that can do this...

On a computer load a backing track (can be a complete song with full band, a 12-bar drum/bass loop, or something from YouTube or whatever) onto an SD card. Modify your backing track so that it is in stereo with the track on the right channel and the left channel silent/empty. Pop the SD card into the looper and connect the left channel to your guitar amp and the right channel to a PA speaker, hifi system, etc. Then you can practice with the track through the PA/stereo and your guitar through your amp. And SD cards are cheap enough ($3) that you can have one for blues tracks, one for pop/rock/Motown, one for country, etc.

I do this with my Digitech JamMan Solo XT, but there may be other loopers that offer this capability for practice as well.

5. Norris Vulcan

Norris Vulcan Tele-Afflicted

Depends....do you need stereo ? Do you just want to record/play back or are you using it more 'creatively' ?
    I use a Boomerang III for it's excellent sound quality, ease of use, stereo I/O and the ability to turn the 'thru' signal off. It's not perfect as there are a couple of things I wish it would do, like threshold-triggered auto-record, but I like it.

And I think it's just as valid (on a guitar forum) to discuss loopers as 'Klon clones' or Overdrives, etc. A looper is more useful to me than an OD pedal. IMO. :rolleyes:

FenderGuy53 and Junkyard Dog like this.
  6. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Had one, but not for very long... :rolleyes:

lavrgs likes this.
  7. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Great point, Norris Vulcan, and I concur, 100%! ;)

IMHO, a looper is a MUST HAVE tool for any aspiring guitarist. :)

Digital Larry likes this.
  8. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks for the useful responses
    I’m leaning towards the TC Ditto+

Anything else?

Auherre756 likes this.
  9. loopfinding

loopfinding Tele-Holic

I had a ditto and it was cool, but I actually prefer how the looping works on the flashback, i don't need overdubs or undo or any of that. i don't know why it's not in the manual, but i'm pretty sure you can just hold the footswitch and it stops, much easier to stop than the ditto in the heat of the moment. and you get a free delay pedal.

usually when i do loop stuff that's more involved i like it to be MIDI sync'ed or have more control of the dubs. I would go ehx 45000 or something, but since I also make dance music I just use my elektron octatrack for that.

10. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Just hard to beat the basic Ditto. If you want more buy two!
    I've had Boss, and one other whose name evades me.

11. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

You can use it simply as a looper but also the band features. There is a learning curve, I can't always make a song as I want it with those "smarts" but it is great for my scenario of not being a gigging pro.

You also have the option to use it in effects loop manner and with i/o for high fidelity playback. There I mean have band output to an acoustic amp, hifi speaker, or amp like a THR or similar. The effect loop style setup means your saved loops or other things won't be flavored by pedals.

I get a lot of criticisms of the Trio or Trio+ but will take some of them along the lines of remembering my pickups and Kenworth could all be called trucks but they were not the same and for same purpose. They were all fine for their intended purpose.

Obsessed likes this.
  12. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

Another JamMan, another JamMan, another JamMan, another JamMan---_-------------->>

Obsessed and Junkyard Dog like this.
  13. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

Boss RC3 - memories, metronome/drums, secret jam tracks... | Boss RC3 - memories, metronome/drums, secret jam tracks... | Boss RC3 - memories, metronome/drums, secret jam tracks... | Boss RC3 - memories, metronome/drums, secret jam tracks... | Boss RC3 - memories, metronome/drums, secret jam tracks... | Boss RC3 - memories, metronome/drums, secret jam tracks... | Boss RC3 - memories, metronome/drums, secret jam tracks... | Boss RC3 - memories, metronome/drums, secret jam tracks... | Boss RC3 - memories, metronome/drums, secret jam tracks... ||

14. Richie Cunningham

Richie Cunningham Tele-Meister

Boss RC-30 is easy and fun to use. Highly recommended.

15. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

But does it do a loop-de-looper?

That Cal Webway likes this.
  16. bluesmain

bluesmain TDPRI Member

boomerang
    3 versions
    texas built
    best accessory i ever bought

17. a220

a220 TDPRI Member

for now I'm using the looper featured on the zoom g1x four multi effects pedal to help me build up some of the very basics of live looping. Doesn't have much features as some of the standalone loopers, but it does let you layer down as much as you want.

18. palethorn

palethorn TDPRI Member

I use Ditto. It suits my needs. I even manage to put a drum loop from my phone.

19. lavrgs

lavrgs TDPRI Member

I bought a TC Flashback delay and when I learned it included a looper I forgot about the delays...
    Any loopers out there that are good for verse/chorus and as a bonus >>bridge?

20. oleblacktele

oleblacktele TDPRI Member

I recently bought the Donner Triple Looper for my small board and was very impressed. It's small, affordable with great features and sounds as good as the TC Ditto on my main. board. It can store three preset loops, has a clever display and is very quiet. Highly recommended.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.