Looper Pedal Suggestions Under $150

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by ddk1, Oct 16, 2020.

1. ddk1

ddk1 TDPRI Member

For the price range, searches keep brining me to the TC Ditto, Boss RC 1, and Nux Loop Core. Can anyone compare either and let me know what you think, or if there is another one in the price range you suggest?

Thanks

2. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

You missed Amazon Prime Day. They were selling the Lekato Looper pedal for $42. Mine arrives on Sunday (I’m still waiting for the Ditto Plus to ship, so the Lekato will hold me over until then)

Edit: Amazon now has the Lekato priced at $57 plus offering 10% off

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TXTJ9CN/?tag=tdpri-20

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  3. ddk1

ddk1 TDPRI Member

not familiar with this brand, any good?

4. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

Jamman is the best ive ever owned.....with a memory card you can get like 8 hours of loops if you need that.

5. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I’ll let you know after I have a chance to try it. For the price, it’s hard to go wrong. There are videos on YouTube you can check out.

Goodness depends on your needs, expectations and price range. You can spend $40 for a looper of over $900. Some are simple and some are complex, but generally they at least perform the same minimal function.

Edit: Also see this thread
    https://www.tdpri.com/threads/looper-recommendations.1049915/

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020 at 10:10 AM
  6. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Kokko SOS FLP2 mini pedal is a $35 clone of the Ditto mini $120 pedal.
    Ammoon is the same pedal, could be others too, same price range $30-$40.

7. br000c

br000c TDPRI Member

I have a Boss RC1. It is a great practice tool (that's what I use it for) with a top notch audio quality

8. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

TC Electronics Ditto looper here.

Small footprint. Easy to use. Good price point.

9. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's

If you just want a simple one button, one track looper, it's hard to beat the basic Ditto. If you want to b able to save and store multiple loops, then you need to move up to something like the Donner Triple, which is almost exactly like the Ditto but it gives you 3 storage slots, so it's a little more flexible than the basic looper. I think it's only about $65. Ditto has a new Ditto Plus coming out that will have a couple of additional tricks and up to 99 storage slots and up to an hour of total time - it's gonna be about $130. Or the Electro Harmonix 720 which gives you 10 or 11 storage slots but only 6 minutes of storage, which can be limiting for some folks. The 720 is also a two-button looper which some people really prefer - I don't find it much of an advantage although I've been assured if you're using it in a live setting, it can be really helpful. I think that one is right around $150. The Boss RC-3 is an awesome full featured looper with 99 storage slots and a bunch of other features, some of which you might even use. But it's around $200 so outside of your budget. I actually have a basic Ditto for spontaneous messing around and then I have an RC-3 right after it. If I come up with something on the Ditto that I really like, I can easily record it over to the RC-3 to play back again later. I do basically no recording on the RC-3 - I just use it as a storage / playback device. I usually have about 35-45 of it's slots occupied at any given time - you can also record full backing tracks onto it if you want.

-Ray

Tim S likes this.
  10. Average_Joe

Average_Joe Tele-Holic

Ditto.....uh..... I mean me too ;-)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.