1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Looper help - Pigtronix Infinity midi

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by whoanelly15, Jan 22, 2021.

1. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Afflicted

Recently picked this up during the sweet water blowout. All appears to be working as it should, except for the MIDI sync. I can record loops, but as soon as I plug in a midi cable, it doesn’t work. I have read the user guide. Watched demo videos. Seems like it should be so easy. I am clocking from a drum machine. Cable is good, as it clocks my synth just fine. It seems to only record a half-second of a loop and cuts off. Recording led Light goes out. Plays it back, but nothing longer than that. Can’t even get a full bar. I have tried to hit the button to record loop 1 right on time, as well as a moment before (which supposedly should sync fine), and it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Hoping I’m just missing a setting or something. What am I missing?

2. 57fenderstrat

57fenderstrat Tele-Holic

I purchased one recently too, I haven’t tried the midi and don’t know much about it but is it possible that you have the two loops synched and there is a short loop of something on loop 2 which is dictating the length of recording time available on loop 1 ? That happened to me a couple times when I thought i had everything deleted only to find later there was a loop on loop 2 which was a few milliseconds of nothing.

Beyond that I’m not sure but good luck I’m sure you will figure it out. It’s really fun and sounds great

3. whoanelly15

Thanks. I’ll double-check that. That’s good to know. I tried to make sure that I had loop sync, split and series and all those other settings off, and I don’t have any presets saved. I tried turning it off, then plugging in Midi and the. Back on. Unplugging and plugging back in. This is borderline more tech than I ever like to have around my guitar, and far more complex than my Ditto looper, but I really wanted this Midi sync feature. Here’s hoping I can get it working right and that it’s smooth sailing from then on.

57fenderstrat likes this.
  4. 57fenderstrat

57fenderstrat Tele-Holic

Agree , it is much fancier than the boss dd7 looping I have used for most of my guitar playing career and the midi sync was one of the reasons I purchased it since I seldom play with other people these past couple years. I will be eager to hear how things turn out

5. ole6string

ole6string Tele-Meister

I have been unsuccessful midi syncing to an alexis sr-18 drum machine as well. When I stop the loop the loop playback is in slow mo. Not a deal breaker for me as the other features are great but I would like the sync to work as well. I have had no issues syncing the same drum machine to other loopers

6. whoanelly15

An update: I contacted Pigtronix. They emailed me back, asked me some questions and quickly recognized it needed to be serviced. They sent me a shipping label. I mailed it in. They found an incorrect resistor in the Midi circuit. Fixed and sent it back. All in less than two weeks.

Tim S and Digital Larry like this.
  7. ole6string

ole6string Tele-Meister

Thanks so much for the update. I contacted them after your recent post and received my looper back today working exactly as it should. Fantastic customer service. Thank you so much for posting an update. I don't think I would have thought to contact them without your encouragement.

whoanelly15 likes this.
  8. whoanelly15

Awesome! Glad to hear it worked out for you. Being a human is hard and I can’t fault anyone for making an honest mistake. We all do. I like to give a company/shop a chance and a shout-out when they can make it right.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.