1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Looks like some new Fender amps coming

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by AlbertaGriff, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Arfage

Arfage Tele-Meister

Forgetting Hotrods for a minute, the new Pro fills a slot they should have come up with in 1965. A single twelve that was actually powerful enough. I have no idea why they didn't just come up with a new name.

2. JayDee

JayDee Tele-Holic

Thanks for the info.

3. Shnook

Shnook Tele-Meister

I’m a 5 watt Champ Amp fan. I had a ‘66 BF Champ for 15 years and currently own a ‘59 Tweed Champ. I’m super interested in the new Vibro Champ. The digital Hall reverb doesn’t put me off at all since the original Champ’s didn’t even have reverb. Going digital is a way to provide reverb without the expense of a true spring reverb. Speaking of price, the original Champs continue to go up in price. I’ve seen many for asking prices that are way more than $750. And in what condition?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    Chiogtr4x likes this.
  4. printer2

printer2 Poster Extraordinaire

I don't want a SF Champ sized cabinet, more like the 600 Champ cab, but with an 8". I was thinking 6V6 the other day going through my 10" Champ. This one I was going to do a push-pull BF circuit. A real live Fender tank in the bottom. Right now I am going through the project creep stage. I have the room for another tube, why not do an 18 Watt version. Sorry Wally, a SS impedance tank.

[​IMG]

5. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

And the inclusion of digital Reverb may sound better ( deeper/more dwell?) than a real, but short spring Reverb tank.
    $750 is a lot, but it sure is cute, and may sound great with the 10" and Reverb

Shnook likes this.
  6. HarpnChris

HarpnChris TDPRI Member

@ricks57custom - Does the new Vibro Champ Reverb have the Bassman tone stack, like the CPR, or is it closer to the original circuit?

7. ricks57custom

ricks57custom TDPRI Member

Closer to original circuit.

HarpnChris likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.