Looks like Klon prices are heading north again

Wound_Up

Tele-Afflicted
Finnegan apparently is nearly out of his stash of NOS clipping diodes & will be subbing a different one going forward:

https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/k..._medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=

Think I'll sit on this here KTR for a while and see what happens.

Most of us saw the livestream, I think? I did. Go watch the livestream. I didn't hear a difference between the old KTR and the new with the replacement diode. Didn't hear a difference between those and Klon Centaur 001, either.

I doubt they'll be heading north personally. Don't mind being wrong, either.

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
You don’t have to spend $3,000 but if you find the right one for $1,500-2,000 range it will sound almost as good as a RYRA but with less noise.

Zoso420

Tele-Holic
I watched some of the live stream and they all sounded the same. Whoever he had playing guitar didn't do him any favors.

Supa Necta

Tele-Meister
Picked up an old Piedmont Aluminum Falcon II for $30 and busted it out today as Klones were on my mind. Then found a RYRA used at GC for a reasonable price in a cool color. Should be set.
5F19D176-31CD-4AD0-B9D6-9A07478E6C21.png

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Picked up an old Piedmont Aluminum Falcon II for $30 and busted it out today as Klones were on my mind. Then found a RYRA used at GC for a reasonable price in a cool color. Should be set.
View attachment 897342
100%. Never underestimate the power of oxblood knobs. Great pedal in any color. My favorite K type at the moment. From Texas, too.
upload_2021-9-8_22-59-8.jpeg

kafka

Friend of Leo's
I like the Ryra a lot. A little hotter sounding than the KTR. I loaned mine to a friend a couple of years ago. I think I'm going to let him keep it and get another.