Looks like Daisy Duke is still going at it.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I am glad that I bring some light and joy in your life. You obviously need it. :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  2. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

The fact that Montanans can navigate the traffic circle at all has amazed me. Since no one up here appears to understand the legal etiquette of a 4-way stop sign intersection, I must go with @Toto'sDad's citing of statistics without a doubt. I am certain they are safer and even in the event of freezing rain, the statistics probably still hold up.

But traffic circles are a lot of fun to watch in freezing rain.

Toto'sDad, Greggorios and Torren61 like this.
  3. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Last year Greece had 700 motor vehicle fatalities. Of which, it's estimated that around 30% involved alcohol. That's 210 out of a population of 10.74 million. Not good but hardly genocide. Your definition of "premeditated murder" is incorrect. Running a red light is not attempted murder. You have a lot of absolutes in your way of thinking. I hope you don't work in law enforcement or own a weapon.

I've finished so have your last word but you posted some abhorrent things that indicate an irrational way of thinking that could be dangerous and fatal to some people. Seek counseling before you hurt someone, please.

Sorry to the OP for crapping in their thread. Out.

4. Nick Fanis

Of course it is premeditated murder.
    If you run a red light you might kill someone.
    And you are doing it ON PURPOSE.

And having lost half a million people in fifty years due to reckless driving (not only drunk driving,in Greece we don't have a heavy drinking culture like the US has) is a genocide in my book.

Let's agree to disagree.

5. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm not getting involved with this little discussion, but one point I will make is that it can very easily be argued that drunk driving (or distracted driving, which is WAY more common) involves an irrational way of thinking that often is dangerous and fatal...

sonicsmitty and Nick Fanis like this.
  6. Nick Fanis

Sorry that I don't conform to your brand of political correctness...

I am fine ,thank you and I have never hurt a fly in my life....nor do I plan too.....

I strongly suggest you also check yourself with a good practitioner cause the way you address someone that has different opinions than you is not... democratic enough but more a "my way or the highway" thing..

People can have different opinions than you you know...

7. kuvash

kuvash Friend of Leo's

My son explained the 4 way stop to me when we lived up north it's whoever has the biggest brush guard has the right of way.

Frodebro and Obsessed like this.
  8. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

That’s just nuts. Glad nobody was hurt. I wonder what caused it.

I used to live on a fairly busy street that was divided by a concrete divider that was mostly grass but has plantings and trees. There was a sweeping corner that was basically a 90 degree corner but long enough that you could take it at a good clip. One night about 15 years ago, I was up working late and I heard this car come ripping down the road, in the rain and way too fast. I ran to the window in time to see him loose control, slide sideways full throttle, drift onto the oncoming traffic side and finally hookup, jump the divider, drive through the trees, eventually come out the other side and limp back down the road. I’m thinking when his dad sees what he did to the Jag, he’s going to be super pissed. Yes, it was a 4 door Jaguar. V12. Not very quick but fast when they get going. I found the mirror amongst other bits of trim and refuse.

Greggorios likes this.
  9. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

We have a roundabout near (which is kind of uncommon in the u.s ) like the one in the video it has grass in the middle and a 8inch or so curb about once every couple months there’s tire tracks through the middle, I’m not sure if any fly though as I’m not sure if there is a camera near

10. Telecasterless

Telecasterless Friend of Leo's

Nicky, Nicky, Nicky...chill.... my Alexander the Great brotha.
    We don't have to cut dudes up with broadswords my brotha. How on Gods great earth did we go to broadswords from diodes my ampliatic quadratic formulaic nomadic ecstatic jamtastic lamb-roasting Adriatic?

kuvash and Nick Fanis like this.
  11. Fretting out

Ha.. unfortunately you are right it seems like around here at least people have trouble with who has the right of way . It’s not that hard it’s who ever is first and if you are at a stop at the same time as another vehicle it’s whoever is turning right or with traffic
    It’s a shame we should have to have refresher courses but it seems like a lot of people need them, I’m also a proponent of a basic motor skills/I.Q test for drivers but don’t get me started on that one;)

awasson likes this.
  12. Fretting out

I might get flak for this but I always think the same thing when i hear about a drunk driver crashing, it’s alright if someone wants to kill them selves drunk driving but don’t hurt anybody else

Frodebro likes this.
  13. Fretting out

We had one of the first in our county/area and never really had much of a problem with it (except the occasional driver going through the middle at high speed) now they are starting to become more common around here

Toto'sDad likes this.
  14. zeedoctour

zeedoctour Tele-Meister

Statistics and analytics reveal that roundabouts (as they are called in the countries that championed their use long before Americans discovered them) reduce high profile (serious injury and DEATH) consequences at 4 way intersections by as much as 74%.

Toto'sDad, Wallo Tweed and koen like this.
  15. Nick Fanis

Wait until you witness three innocent children getting mowed down by a "reckless" KILLER like I did a few years back .... in front of their school....(the guy didn't "see" the red light and was doing 80 in a 25 zone)

You will get my point exactly.

16. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

"Premeditated murder" is a legal term in English that means you thought specifically about murdering someone, planned the murder, and then carried it out. It's "premeditated" meaning "you thought about it in advance." It CANNOT be applied to an accident, because an accident by definition isn't "premeditated."

The law has various categories for describing what you are talking about: the obvious one would be "manslaughter" which can be "involuntary."

It does no good at all to imagine drunk driving as premeditated murder: it undermines the rule of law and rational thought. If you want to argue for harsh penalties for drunk drivers, by all means do so but don't confuse fundamentally different kinds of actions. It just undermines your argument

awasson, Toto'sDad and Torren61 like this.
  17. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

18. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

The big thinkers are planning roundabouts here, too...

19. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I used to install footpaths, brick paving and concrete kerb for years. I remember watching the local council spending 4 days installing a large roundabout in the middle of the road next to where I was working. When it was finished and the road was opened up the first bus that went through couldn't make it around the roundabout.:D
    They had to remove it and do it all again installing a smaller one.:rolleyes:

We have one large roundabout that has 7 roads all feeding into it. It's right on the city's edge. Crazy, you just have to put your foot down and hope for the best unless you want to be sitting there for 30 mins. Those who hesitate or are not confident of their driving skills loose.

20. Nick Fanis

That's what I am saying.
    It is NOT an "accident".
    Accidents happen ... Accidentally.
    Driving like a madman and KILLING people isn't an accident.
    It is something that WILL happen because some imbecile drives ON PURPOSE like a madman.

sonicsmitty and Fretting out like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.