Looking to restore a orig 1968 Fender DR, Looking for Drip Edge replacement. Any one know where?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by dmaj135, Aug 8, 2019.

1. dmaj135

dmaj135 NEW MEMBER!

Having a hard time finding a place to order replace Fender Silverface drip edging used in 1968. Any help out there?

2. corliss1

corliss1 Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

I checked the service manual for the 68 reissues and it's listed as "complete grill assembly" so even the modern ones don't have it listed as a specific part.

Only thing I could find was this:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=352692542534

It might be easier to find a full baffle and trim your parts to fit, since that would be larger than the DR baffle. There's a Vibrolux on Reverb right now from a reissue:

https://reverb.com/item/26556901-fender-vibrolux-reverb-baffle-grill-w-drip-edge-trim

3. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I've always made it out of aluminum sheeting. Look for a local metalworking shop - they can probably do it for you - but you'll need to give them detail drawings for fabrication, and you'll ned the right tools for installation.

There are no replacement parts makers or drawings available that I'm aware of.

Wally likes this.
  4. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's

I think that Mojotone may carry a drip edge grill replacement.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.