Looking for your expert opinion/advice - 5E3

Thumper

TDPRI Member
Hi all,

I am finally looking to add a 5E3 in my amps arsenal...

Who in your opinion offers the best clone within the $1000-$1500 range ? I did some research and find a few contestant, but would like my fellow TDPRIers to chime in, as I don't have a lot of knowledge in the 5e3 Deluxe, I just know that I love its tone !

I am NOT looking for a kit... I built my share of effects/amps, and I honestly do not have the spare time for a DIY kit... I am just looking for a nice build quality and ready to play.

What say you ?

Thanks for your help !
Take a look at Rob Robinettes technical site. He has a lot of good 5E3 tech info that might be of interest.

Cass

TDPRI Member
My experience of Ceriatone has been pretty positive, and they do offer a 5E3 , apparently in your budget range. There are demo vids on that link. It's available in head and combo versions. I built their C-Wreck kit. The components and documentation were good, and the people were responsive and supportive. But I have no direct personal experience of their 5E3

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 10.23.45.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 10.23.45.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

TheDams

Tele-Holic
Well, a month later, a little update.

Just received my Lil' Dawg... Choco Prince Head (6g2) 😆

After spending a lot of time on Jim's website, I pulled the trigger on this one instead of a 5e3. I realized that a Brown Princeton is something that I wanted since a long time (especially for its awesome tremolo !).

I could not be happier !

Jim's communication and customer service are second to none ! Really nice guy, lots of knowledge, and he will patiently answer every single question. He sends you pics of the build progress.
Packaging is extremely well done, and the amp itself is of amazingly high quality.

6g2-1.jpeg

6g2-2.jpeg

amps.jpeg

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
I am wicked happy for you! Ive never played a brown amp before but I do have 2 of Jim tweeds. He, and his amps, are 2nd to none.