1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Looking for the right Looping pedal

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Bloomfields, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Bloomfields

Bloomfields TDPRI Member

Hi guys,
    i'm looking for a looping pedal that can decrease and increase the bpm on an already existing loop without distorting the sound too much, Is there such a thing?

i'm in a three-piece band and here and there wish i could add another layer of music when playing live.
    So i'm looking for a pedal that lets me record a loop, lets say the rhythm guitar track from the chorus, then save that loop for later and when the chorus comes back around(after another verse), i would then push play on the pedal and play a lead over it as a counter melody to the Main vocals. All the while staying in time with the band by tapping the pedal (which i guess would make bpm go up and down by 1 to 3 bpm at the most), and keep the loop still sounding alright.

At the moment the only looping pedal i've tried is the Roland RC-50 and as soon as i decrease a loops' bpm by 1 or 2 the sound turns really ****ty.

Is this just the case for downpitching or do different pedals act differently in that matter?

Thanks for all answers

2. Biffasmum

Biffasmum Tele-Meister

Probably more than you need but this TC pedal board covers lots of ground...

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  3. TwangBrain

TwangBrain Tele-Meister

Roland/Boss RC series...if you were only concerned with immediate looping duties, then I would recommend the TC Electronics DITTOx2. But, since you're looking for a looper to record/recall various loops, then the Roland/Boss loopers are the way to go. It may take a bit of time to adjust to timing you punch-in/out with the RC loopers, but they have pretty good recall and edit features.

Maybe the Boomerang pedals do something similar to the RC, but I dunno...never tried one.

4. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Friend of Leo's

I've never tried out this feature, but according to the manual for my Digitech Jamman Solo XT...

Time Stretching a Phrase: You can speed up or slow down the tempo of a stored loop or single phrase without changing its pitch. There are two ways to time stretch a phrase: set the exact tempo using the Tempo option in the Setup menu, or tap in the tempo.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.