1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Looking for Silverface Fender amp drip edge aluminum trim material

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by satellitedog, Oct 20, 2020.

1. satellitedog

satellitedog TDPRI Member

Hi folks I had an amp builder build a Princeton Reverb clone for me, and since I love the Silverface look, I wanted to have the drip edge grill cloth trim with it.
    This was about a year and a half ago, but I did find a reproduction seller on ebay.
    The link is dead now, sold out or out of business, but I'd like to find another seller.

Anyone have useful information/link to these?

In case I'm out of luck, I'd love to have the dimensions of the original trim so I can have some made locally?
    Cornerpieces too.

Thanks guys!

Monty

2. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

satellitedog likes this.
  3. satellitedog

Thanks for the useful and super quick reply Dac!

4. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

When people have asked previously, apparently you could buy this stuff in hardware stores as a window edge material in standard sizes.

satellitedog likes this.
  5. satellitedog

Thanks again. I'm in the EU (Budapest), not sure the same sizes would be available, and this is quite the thin and narrow rail, not likely to be used in modern plastic window casings. But if I can't find it, there are alu-workshops and sheet metal pressing/cutting small business locally, so it shouldn't end up being an epic quest. :)

6. randym

randym TDPRI Member

7. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Yeah, it's hard to find. The little metal corner pieces are non existent. But, standard aluminum trim readily available really looks the same once installed. I needed two pieces for a restoration once and found the ones I needed by buying an old bassman head front baffle with the trim intact.

I think the available trim is this or close to it, comes clear coat anodized:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    satellitedog likes this.
  8. satellitedog

Thanks a bunch for the link Randym, and another bunch for the measurements, Schmee.
    I'm super busy with work, so I'd rather not go after having these custom bent/cut, but yeah, there are a number of local sheet metal workshops who may do the job, unless it's prohibitively expensive in such small quantities...

I've contacted the seller on ebay http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=254722028980

whether they'd be okay with selling and shipping to the EU... I have some US friends, but I'd rather not harass them with stuff they aren't into, so if any of the long time members here were willing to help me out by purchasing and shipping a set over to me, I'd be grateful. I'd pay upfront (by paypal) naturally. I know it's a bit forward, but I'm tired and I believe in global small trade :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  9. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

If you run across another obscure Fender amp need you may want to touch base with Mad Science dude in Raleigh NC, google him for contact info.

satellitedog likes this.
  10. satellitedog

Thanks, bookmarking them, for anyone who doesn't know, it's Mad Science Works:
    https://www.madscienceworks.com

There's a Mad Science children's program in Raleigh too.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.