Looking for roller nut specs

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by DUSTER44T, Oct 17, 2019.

1. DUSTER44T

DUSTER44T TDPRI Member

I wasn't sure where to post this.
    I'm thinking of installing the Fender roller nut but I can't fine the exact specs on it anywhere. Does anyone happen to know where I can find them? I looked at a bunch of different places and sites and can't find detailed info. I need L/W/H etc. Thanks.

2. DUSTER44T

DUSTER44T TDPRI Member

I forgot......Fender part # is 0990812000

3. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I don't have one anymore. But the LSR ones I installed on Strats fit great on the typical 1.65 nut width. They come with shims but all 3 I did came out perfect with string height too!

4. tessting1two

tessting1two Tele-Meister

Warmoth has most of the pertinent info: https://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/stringnut.aspx

LSR Roller Nut Prep
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This ingenious nut uses ball bearings to ease string movement across the nut. When used in conjunction with locking tuning machines and moderate tremolo action, tuning issues are significantly reduced when compared to more conventional set-ups. The LSR Roller Nut is available in our Hardware section.

The LSR nut is available on right-handed necks only. It is available for a 1-11/16" nut width only. It can be used with any straight fretboard radius between 9" to 11", or the Warmoth Compound Radius.

Maximum string guage per slot:
    • 1st string - .024"
    • 2nd string - .028"
    • 3rd string - .034"
    • 4th string - .039"
    • 5th string - .048"
    • 6th string - .059"
    Please Note: Installation of the LSR nut requires widening the nut slot towards the first fret to 7/32". This makes switching back to a traditional nut challenging, so be certain you like the LSR nut before having a neck set-up for it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.