Looking for Oxford 8ev

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by alnicopu, Jul 28, 2020.

1. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Looking for one. Anybody has one they are willing to part with please let me know. Also looking for a 10” that would be the version of the 8ev. I have a new 5f1 build with an 8” and 10” baffle. Thanks

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Alnicopu, iirc I have a couple of 10”, 4 ohm Alnico speakers that might fit your needs. I don’t have an Oxford EV 8”, but I may have
    have a 4 ohm, 8” Alnico.

3. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Thanks for jumping in Wally. Sorry took so long. Been busy switching back and forth from WFH and driving to the lab 26 miles away when needed. I may take you up on a deal for those. Theres is a version of Lucinda Williams doing “Change the locks” that is the tone Im looking for. Cant seem to find that particular one on youtube but its a fairly “Wooly” tone. Its on Car Wheels on a Gravel Road cd set, 2nd disc, live version. The Reissue P8r was great for my sf champ but not really “low Fi” sounding to me like the song. Tried the Weber version made for the reissue hw tweed champ and a newer c8r (havent tried an original), the Weber was ok but still not quite there. Hemp cone maybe? Do the ones you have get near that? Thanks

4. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Afflicted

What is an Oxford EV? Never heard of that one...

5. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Oxford 8” ev is what came in most champs. Ive had about 5 or 6 champs 5f1 and aa764 circuits. IIRC 3 of them had that speaker in it. The best sounding ones I had were Oxford 8” loaded. I have been looking for a long time for one. Only one I have found was a frame of one on Reverb. When I say a long time, like 2 or 3 years.

6. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Show me what you got to offer.

7. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

I’ll have to check the impedance on these two 8” Alnicos....one is an Oxford. I have forgotten what the one the right is.
    13C86B5B-7B3D-43F5-A76F-B1CA771BF1CD.jpeg 6FFFBA96-6B06-49C9-8363-ED1E166E9F33.jpeg

I will get back to you later today with that impedance and info on some 10” spkrs.

8. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Thanks!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.