Looking for not expensive hawaiian shirts

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Anybody deal with a reputable online dealer? I'd even like music-related ones.

Don't judge me, I just retired!
Be very careful on line. Often they come with 'Chinese sizing'. I bought a gig shirt that looked really cool, I ordered an XL.... It may have fit an 8 year old. I'm not kidding. Shoes are even worse! These are like from Facebook ads etc.

OTOH if you buy from a reputable source , like Amazon they seem to be true to size.
Last couple I bought were dirt cheap on sale at Fred Meyers! Really cool shirts too. Dont know if you have Kroger's/Fred Meyer there...

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
My wife’s best friends Father passed away recently. They passed along a bunch of Hawaiian shirts to me.
I kept a couple select ones and donated the rest to goodwill.
Apparently Tevas with black socks cargo shorts and Hawaiian shirts will be my uniform within a few years. AARP is already sending me invitations to become a member.

beyer160

Poster Extraordinaire
I'd give you the one I bought in Honolulu 25 years ago, but I'm optimistic that one day I'll be slim enough to wear it again. It's funny the things you let yourself believe.

Blrfl

Tele-Afflicted
A lot of the online outlets are Chinese companies selling directly into the U.S., so make of that what you will.

There are several companies in Hawaii that make their stuff locally. Their products are a bit more expensive, but the shirts I've bought over the last 25 years have lasted very well. Supporting the local economy doesn't hurt, either.

The absolute best place to get aloha wear on the cheap is at the Aloha Stadium swap meet in Honolulu, but you have to be there to take advantage of it.

skunqesh

Tele-Afflicted
My wife’s best friends Father passed away recently. They passed along a bunch of Hawaiian shirts to me.
I kept a couple select ones and donated the rest to goodwill.
Apparently Tevas with black socks cargo shorts and Hawaiian shirts will be my uniform within a few years. AARP is already sending me invitations to become a member.

I was gonna say - isn't there a 2-for-1 sale on cargo shorts with every Hawaiian shirt ?
& don't forget a straw sunhat. (and PSA reminder: a Trilby is not a PorkPie is not a Fedora. there are differences)

fwiw - i get all mine from the thrift store - they often still have the tags in 'em ;)

rghill

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
We have an LDS thrift store (Deseret) nearby that I swear by for clothes. Found a few Hawaiian shirts there. May not be many of those in OP's neck of the woods.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I went on an aloha shirt tear a few years back when I was working 12 hour overnight shifts in a datacenter and needed clothes as comfortable as I could find for those long nights. there's really no shirt more comfortable than an aloha shirt. Alot of things you order online turn out to be not so comfortable and/or high maintenence (blowtorch don't iron)

thrift stores are your best bet for aloha shirts

BelairPlayer

Tele-Afflicted
Costco sells them in warehouse about every other year. They are of phenomenal quality and worth stocking up on. In the past, the brand was Cooke Street, Honolulu. Doesn’t help you today, but keep an eye out for the future.