Looking for help with Morley Volume Pedal

dberlind

TDPRI Member
Hey all,

I acquired a Morley volume pedal through reverb for my son for Christmas. When we hooked it up, we noticed three issues and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

1. Pedal travels about half-way before the volume starts to increase
2. There's a tiny bit of volume even when the pedal is at the "no volume" position
3. Compared to going direct from guitar to amp, when the volume pedal is introduced into the chain, there's a bunch of static that gets introduced as well.

We tried brand new cables to rule cables out as the cause of any issues.

Any or all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can return the pedal. But I'd rather get it working properly.

Thanks.

David

dberlind

TDPRI Member
You could try some of these mods...

Thanks @Tony Forman. Yes, it appears I'm not the only one with the pedal-travel/volume issue. I can't imagine that it's easy to go from a spatula shaped hole to a cone without really widening the base of the cone to the point that it's ineffective. I was thinking about rigging up some electrical tape on either side of the opening so that the only result is a taper to the widest point of the spatula. This is something I might try. But the static hiss is still a major issue.

doghouseman

Tele-Holic
Those are diode pedals, meaning - there is a little light bulb that shines a light though a separator. The more light, the more sound. So, you should check that little bulb. As the picture in the previous post shows, they are just bent sideways on the PCB board and can get out of place. They can get bent the wrong way, or bent so that the light doesn't shine in the correct place.

Also, I have sent some emails to the guys at Morley and they are VERY helpful. You can try sending them some questions directly or even trying to send them the pedal and they might send you a replacement. I was very happy with their customer service when I was interacting with them.

dberlind

TDPRI Member
Those are diode pedals, meaning - there is a little light bulb that shines a light though a separator. The more light, the more sound. So, you should check that little bulb. As the picture in the previous post shows, they are just bent sideways on the PCB board and can get out of place. They can get bent the wrong way, or bent so that the light doesn't shine in the correct place.

Also, I have sent some emails to the guys at Morley and they are VERY helpful. You can try sending them some questions directly or even trying to send them the pedal and they might send you a replacement. I was very happy with their customer service when I was interacting with them.

@doghouseman great suggestion on contacting Morley and have just done that. Will see what they come back with. Even sent them a link to a video that demonstrates the exact problem. Thanks for that suggestion.