1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Looking for Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster good replacement parts

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by GarzTeleMan, Dec 5, 2020.

1. GarzTeleMan

GarzTeleMan TDPRI Member

Hello! I am looking for CV 50s Tele replacement bridge. It still plays and intonate well but there are some issues. Saddle height adjustment screws, intonation screws and springs are rusted. The brass saddles are tarnished too (not a major issue for me). The bridge plate and control plate looks foggy too. I am also concern about the neck plate and neck plate screws rusting. I live in a tropical country that's why these things happened. Can anyone suggest me good quality inexpensive parts for my guitar?

2. Cam

Cam Friend of Leo's

Garz before you spend $ what about disassembling and cleaning/polishing the parts? Unless of course they in poor condition.

phart likes this.
  3. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Holic

yeah, I would try and clean them first. I'm not exactly sure what to recommend but for the most prevalent cleaner and probably wouldn't hurt anything is just soak the parts in Vinegar for a little while and see if that helps.

Over here we also have Simple Green. And when I fix bikes up, steel wool and WD 40 gets rid of a lot of rust and oxidation.

I think some people even just use coca cola.

4. PaulNYC

PaulNYC TDPRI Member

Do you have something like "Evapo-rust" in the Phillipines?

5. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

6. snake

snake NEW MEMBER!

You can use lighter fluid for the rust. I have an old bottle of ZIPPO fluid.
    If you do not want to disassemble everything, you can apply some fluid on an old toothbursh, and apply with the toothbrush

7. Steely Dan

Steely Dan TDPRI Member

I´ve installed a Gotoh vintage one and it´s simply perfect.

8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Given your location, and who your trading partners are, your best source of high quality parts will be to look to Japan. Check out the Gotoh catalog. These guys tend to be more concerned about their reputation for quality and durability, and act accordingly. If everything is high quality chrome plated and high quality stainless, you can I think keep corrosion in check.

Folks in the USA tend to think of New Orleans as a place things decompose quickly. I think you folks in the Philippines (especially some areas) have us soundly beaten. But I I have problems with parts from Wilkinson/Sung Il, so will you.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.