1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Looking for an alligator Esquire pickguard. Any help, please?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by CHarg, Apr 18, 2019.

1. tele_savales

tele_savales Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

I made my own with some brown alligator tolex and a single ply pickguard. It came out pretty well, but I can't seem to find any pics.
    I have enough left to do three or four more guards, if you want it, I'll ship it to you for like 10 bucks all inclusive. Just shoot me a message.
    Oh yeah, it works better if you peel off the protective plastic layer on the pickguard before gluing!

2. CHarg

CHarg TDPRI Member

Hi, Tele_Savales! I appreciate your very kind offer. A while after making my original post, I found out that a friend of mine, who I haven't seen in about 10 years, is now in the business of selling real gator hide-covered products, like briefcases, surfboards, etc. When I told him about wanting to make a pickguard, he gave me a 9" square piece of black gator hide, which I glued to a single ply black pickguard (after removing the film). I think it came out real nice! I also did one in brown vinyl/tolex, which I'm also pretty happy with. Thanks again for your reply and offer. Greatly appreciated!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    SuprHtr and Jsil13 like this.
  3. tele_savales

Wow! Looks quite a bit better than gator tolex! Will he sell small quantities? I'd really like to make one out of an undyed piece.

4. tele_savales

Gator on Forest Green. I like it. With nickel covers on hb's. Dang now I have to start sourcing parts again.

Norrin Radd and CHarg like this.
  5. preactor

preactor Tele-Holic

Great looking guitars and pickguards. My grandparents lived in Windsor many years ago. Love that part of the state.

CHarg likes this.
  6. CHarg

CHarg TDPRI Member

Just to let you know, I started a "conversation" with you. This is the first time that I've done that, and I don't really know exactly how it works.

7. CHarg

CHarg TDPRI Member

Thanks, I'm glad you like the guitars and pickguards! I like them a lot too! Yes, this is a really nice part of the state. I've spent the last nearly 50 years in the Gainesville area.

preactor likes this.
  8. tele_savales

I'm starting to see the Gator connection. My brother went to UF, and I have a cousin who's been there for decades. I grew up in Miami Beach

CHarg likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.