Looking for American Standard 3 hole, 3 bridge piece, short (or long) ashtray bridge plate

exgato

TDPRI Member
I've not been able to find a American Standard 3 hole, 3 bridge piece short (or long) ashtray bridge plate for my Cabronita-style MJT bodied Tele with a single TV Jones Filterton PU which has a 6 piece bridge on it right now. Hard to justify $100 for the Callahan short (or long) stamped bridge plate and was wondering if anyone knew of another source or had one to sell.

To be specific, I want the wrap-around sides, stamped steel ashtray type, NOT the fat, flat cast plate with no sides. With 3 holes (not 4) to the body and 3 (not 6) bridge piece holes. Just need the plate, I have the brass bridge pieces. I could cut the PU part off of a long plate if necessary.

Any help appreciated!

Lost_N_Austin

Friend of Leo's
Like this one but with three screw holes to the body?
1642912279886.jpeg

Lost_N_Austin

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Barden makes just what you're looking for.

Well, I would suggest they sure tried, but the result is IMO a bust and not worth owning.

I feel like, the reference points on the 3 holes (below) and 4 holes (above, and with string spacing wide as needed) just are incompatible and you cannot IMO really convert back and forth. The "three hole" mount points are too close to where the through holes simply must be. You'd have to fill and redrill on the top side and redrill the through holes directionally (to reuse the existing ferrule placements). It is just a mess. That is, it makes far better sense to start with the body with the right reference points.

I've attempted this conversion on 4 American Standards (failed totally, one time). The net is just not the same as you get when you use the 4 mount hole configuration - you get half a loaf.

jackal

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
The Barden has 4 mounting holes, the 3 the OP is referencing is for mounting the saddles. I don't know if they make one to fit the pickup he wants to use. He can always do the Bubba Mod to his existing bridge plate. (Just drill the saddle mounting holes where they need to be.)

exgato

TDPRI Member
The Barden has 4 mounting holes, the 3 the OP is referencing is for mounting the saddles. I don't know if they make one to fit the pickup he wants to use. He can always do the Bubba Mod to his existing bridge plate. (Just drill the saddle mounting holes where they need to be.)
I thought I made it clear that the 3 holes I referred to are plates mounting holes into the body. I was not referencing the holes for the 3 bridge pieces. I don't need to mod anything.
It's a MJT Tele body.
It came with a 6 bridge piece American Standard short bridge plate with 3 holes to the body, like an American Standard Strat bridge plate.
I want the same short bridge plate, but with 3 bridge pieces.
I'm just hoping to find a less expensive one than the Glendale stamped steel plate which is exactly what I need, but is $100 without any hardware.

Telecaster582

Tele-Holic
I have one for a 52 telecaster replica partscaster I made and I found a genuine Fender bridge for 11 bucks on Amazon. It has three screw holes and the walls on the side.

exgato

TDPRI Member
As long as it's a string through body
Thanks, 582. Yes, I need string-through-body plate. I looked on Amazon but could not find any 3 holes to the body bridge plates. Assuming you don't want to sell yours, might could you send me a link to the one you found? I'd be very grateful!

Telecaster582

Tele-Holic
Thanks, 582. Yes, I need string-through-body plate. I looked on Amazon but could not find any 3 holes to the body bridge plates. Assuming you don't want to sell yours, might could you send me a link to the one you found? I'd be very grateful!
I am so sorry.. It didn't tell me that I had been quoted. You've probably already found one but here's the link anyway so sorry I hope this works

exgato

TDPRI Member
Like this?

View attachment 963017

Rutters $95 with saddles
Thanks for your reply. That's the right 3-hole configuration with one mounting screw hole directly under each bridge piece bolt, but was looking for one with the ashtray sides like this one - which is $100 just for the plate alone....yikes. Was hoping somebody made a less expensive one, but apparently not.

Attachments

• GLENDALE HARDTAIL.jpg
    GLENDALE HARDTAIL.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 7

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
I'm just confused after reading this thread.

Are you are just looking for an original style bridge but with 'modern' fitting?