Looking for a Schumacher output transformer

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by tizianod, Jan 29, 2020.

1. tizianod

tizianod Tele-Meister

Long shot here... I've a '63 Tremolux. It's an AB763 model but with blonde covering. The amp has suffered damage in the past and the previous owner had to replace the OT and some other components as well. The previous tech did a sloppy job and as you can guess, the OT isn't a good match. I'm trying to restore the amp to its full glory again. I found an OT online, but it's from '67. I'm looking for a Schumacher model 125A6A from '62 - '64. I was hoping that someone is selling one. Or knows somebody...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  2. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

Same deal. No charge between those years. Yes it won't be matching numbers but identical.

3. tizianod

tizianod Tele-Meister

Yeah I know the 67 transformer will be a good match. But I'm hoping to find one with closer manufacturers date. Not to hide the fact the OT was changed in the past. If I would sell the amp (which is not so likely), I would honestly communicate it. But for my own peace of mind that all the dates are matching. But maybe I need to let go of my OCD type of behavior :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.