1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Looking for a Rare Bridge

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by WrayGun, Jan 17, 2021.

1. WrayGun

WrayGun Friend of Leo's

Okay, I’m looking for a quality TOM-style bridge for my mid-90s Epiphone Sheraton, which has the damnable narrow stud spacing they were using back then. Which is about 71.5mm.

I found these decent looking Klusons (https://www.kluson.com/kluson-usa-r...-matic-bridge-for-samick-guitars-details.html), but I would really prefer (and pay accordingly for) something steel or brass, not zinc alloy.

Am I out of luck, or just being too picky? Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. mtglick

mtglick TDPRI Member

For the most part, if it were me I'd probably look at pulling the existing bridge, plugging the holes with hardwood dowels, and moving over to an ABR bridge, because the mounting points should be just inside the plugs. Then you can use any ABR you want, at 73.8mm spacing it would expand the mount points 1mm either side. Wouldn't be hot-swappable but WOULD be reversible without paint if you wanted to swap back later on.

jayyj likes this.
  3. Zepfan

Zepfan Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I don't think your going to have much choice.

4. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Poster Extraordinaire

I had to get a replacement part milled for mine.
    Then had it powder coated.
    Royal Pain in the rear.

5. jayyj

jayyj Tele-Afflicted

That was my solution, used double thumb wheels on the bridge posts with the bottom wheels screwed down against the top to cover the plugs so it looked good and allowed me to use any ABR type bridge on there.

Festofish likes this.
  6. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

That’s all fine but...doesn’t help him find an existing bridge. Not everyone is into drilling out their guitar top.

WrayGun likes this.
  7. WrayGun

WrayGun Friend of Leo's

yeah, I could possibly pull it off, but life would be so much better if there was a drop-in replacement available...

Festofish likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.