1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Looking for a particular lead connector

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Pigeon Crowe, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Pigeon Crowe

Pigeon Crowe TDPRI Member

Hey there, I'm looking to buy the Joyo wireless pack my only problem is that it is one ugly mofo so I want to know if there is a type of lead that I can plug another lead into that goes to and input jack. I know that sounds confusing but I want to be able to plug the wireless pack into a really short lead (angled preferably) so I can tape the pack to my strap.

2. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Tough to find so far. It's an "extension cable" or "1/4 inch male to female" and they are usually about 25 feet long.. ya know.. to extend

3. TeleTim911

TeleTim911 Friend of Leo's

Why not make one? You can buy a piece of cable, a female plug, a male plug, and make your own. If you're not any good with a soldering iron ask a friend, or someone in the electronics biz to help?

4. Pigeon Crowe

That was an option Tim but my soldering skills aresnt the best and I'd find it easier just to buy the one cable

5. Pigeon Crowe

Would it be easier just to try and replace the male jack on the pack with a 1/4" female?

6. LocustPlague

LocustPlague Tele-Holic

I would not recommend trying to change the jack on the device to a female, as it is likely molded into the case shape. You would be MUCH better off just doing like everyone else has said and cutting a bit of cable and soldering on a female and male jack to it.

If it were me, I would likely just cut a foot or so off of a cable I already had, re-attach the male plug to the rest of the cable and add the female inline jack as well as the male jack.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.