Looking for a hum canceling Tele neck pickup that sounds like a Strat

Jimi_is_God

TDPRI Member
I've been looking for a hum canceling Tele neck pickup that tonally sounds like a Strat neck pickup. Something like the Lollar Tele Royal T neck pickup but hum canceling. It needs to fit in the standard Tele rout without modification. I've searched around with all the major manufacturers and can't find anything. I've never liked the sound of Barden's or EMG's so they are out. My Tele has no pickguard so I can't use the Ilitch Electronics pickguard and I'm not willing to drill holes and use his back plate system. Any suggestions? Thanks.

YoGeorge

Tele-Afflicted
Dimarzio Area T is nice. Not completely stratty but brighter than Duncans due to nickel silver cover.

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Does Lace sell a Tele size neck pickup? And does it sound like a Strat pickup? I dont know.
I think Lawrence makes a noiseless Tele neck pup.
L200TN or others here: $50

Jimi_is_God

TDPRI Member
Does Lace sell a Tele size neck pickup? And does it sound like a Strat pickup? I dont know.
Thanks schmee. I've never like the tone of any Lace sensor pickup's I played but the L200TN's sound interesting. I should add that although I like Lindy Fralin's traditional single coil pickups, I didn't care for his split blade design. Another brand I didn't like on a Strat was the Kinman's. I guess I'm picky.

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
fender has their n4 generation pickups for tele and strat..if your bent on having a strat pickup in your tele then you may need to get another pick guard ( a blank?) and cut to fit..i'm sure there will be enough room for it but if in doubt..ask some folks at your local guitar/music store if they don't know..shop elsewhere cause they should have the knowledge for what they are selling

Ron C

Tele-Holic
Dimarzio Area T is nice. Not completely stratty but brighter than Duncans due to nickel silver cover.
I agree.

Of the various noiseless Tele neck pickups I've tried, this one did have a fairly Stratty tone. Beautiful tone, no "for a noiseless pickup" qualifier needed.

It's lower output than most Strat pickups, or Tele bridge pickups. That bothers some (me included) but not others.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
The N4 Noiseless pickup in my avatar Telecaster sounds a lot like the Ultra Noiseless pickup in my Strat.

Jimi_is_God

TDPRI Member
fender has their n4 generation pickups for tele and strat..if your bent on having a strat pickup in your tele then you may need to get another pick guard ( a blank?) and cut to fit..i'm sure there will be enough room for it but if in doubt..ask some folks at your local guitar/music store if they don't know..shop elsewhere cause they should have the knowledge for what they are selling
My Tele has no pickguard and that's why I need it to be able fit into the standard rout. My guitar looks similar to this one. The Fender Gen 4 Noiseless Tele Pickups do look interesting.

Attachments

• jPKNbfttkonEdm9ACfu6ED.jpg
    jPKNbfttkonEdm9ACfu6ED.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 18

teleforumnoob

Friend of Leo's

See L200TN and L202TN