1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Looking for a good layout and schematic for a 100+ watt tube bass amp

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by aaronlowther1993, May 11, 2020.

1. aaronlowther1993

aaronlowther1993 TDPRI Member

Hello!
    Thanks to this wonderful forum, over the last two years, I've been able to enter the amp building community. I've finished about eight builds now, and, with each one, I've gotten better and better. The other day I picked up a Super Twin/Studio Bass chassis for next to nothing. No transformers, but still, any excuse to build an amp is a good one.
    So I figured, with all of this real estate, I'd like to try my hand at a tube bass amp. Our bassist is currently using a Bugera 1960 150 watt head as her main amp. I modified the tone stack to more suit her needs, and it works pretty well. That said, I'd like to try my hand a building an all tube bass amp from the ground up.
    So, do you guys have any suggestions? If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Since you have the chassis, have you considered building that Studio Bass amp? Or...the Bassman 135 would be simpler. some folks like what the Marshall Super bass Md. 1992 does?

3. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

Be sure to not go cheap on Transformers. BIG IRON!
    Frankly though, waste of money, get a used Fender 100 watt tube PA Amp... $350-400 ...will be cheaper than building.

Paul G. likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.