1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Looking For A Chassis Layout For A 6G2 Princeton

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by DennisM, Sep 28, 2020.

1. BigDaddy23

BigDaddy23 Tele-Holic

Another vote for the 275vdc taps on the power tranny in this amp. I built mine to @King Fan ’s layout with that primary voltage and it is the best amp I have built. I tried the 330vdc taps and the secondary voltages were way to high.

2. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

DennisM likes this.
  3. DennisM

DennisM Tele-Meister

For grins I just measured the 330 0 330 n the 5e3 I built and the plate V was spot on 330V and the B+ was 336V. What makes it go up to 410 in the 6g2? The different bias circuit? Cathode vs fixed?

Edit to add: VD across the bias cap is 17VDC

4. King Fan

King Fan Poster Extraordinaire

The 330-0-330 is the AC voltage going to the rectifier. Rectification +/– ups that by SQRT(2) = 1.414. A 5Y3 tho also drops it by about 60VDC. Detailed calculators then subtract a little for the load provided by the tubes.

DennisM likes this.
  5. Willie Johnson

Willie Johnson Tele-Meister

Bumping this; is that an original "tuxedo" chassis in a head cabinet, or a reissue? Either way, I'm starting to think that that's what I really want--seems like a game changer!

6. keithb7

keithb7 Friend of Leo's

I built the head entirely. Sourced the parts myself from various sources. Metal Chassis from Mojotone. I assembled it all. If I recall Hammond trannies. 4 & 8 ohm output tranny so it can be paired with multiple cab options.
    F&T caps. Zero NFB. My wife built and tolex’d the cab. We Laser burned our own faceplate and rear plate. I did the grill cloth and voila. What you see is right behind me as I type this. There is a build thread on here that I ran a few years ago. Search it if you like.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.