1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Looking for a certain type of pedal

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Cole LR, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Cole LR

Cole LR TDPRI Member

Hi, I’m trying to find a vibrato or chorus or smt pedal that simulates a sort of warped vinyl sound. Maybe something that sounds like Mac demarco or some chill hop Lofi type of thing. I currently have 1 pedal, the avalanche run v2 w/ an expression pedal to go with it. Any suggestions for a cheap pedal that could work with the avalanche run to give me the sound I’m looking for? (preferably with ex jack too) I was also looking at the line 6 mm4 multi effects modulation unit, and I’m wondering if that’s worth the money and if I could maybe get that Lofi sound I want out of there?

blowtorch likes this.
  2. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Friend of Leo's

The only cheap but great pedal that i can think of for a Vinyl sort of sound is the Zoom Ms 70 cdr or Ms 50 g, inside the Lo-Fi delay algorithm.

Have a look at this two videos, maybe there are others that show this delay....

From 0.50

3. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Friend of Leo's

Try to see also.

Mooer Lofi Machine

ibanez lf 7 lo fi

4. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

5. Cole LR

Cole LR TDPRI Member

Thanks for all your suggestion i think I’m leaning twords the zoom

tfarny likes this.
  6. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

What you're describing by "warped vinyl" is called wow/flutter. It's basically a pulsed detune.

I have an ancient Alesis Midiverb II that has a Wow & Flutter setting that is speed adjustable and does that sound really well. You can find these Alesis units on the used market for the price of a bag of chips. Make sure to get the power supply with it.

Boss makes a pedal called the MO2 that can do this same thing. Check out the reviews on YT.

7. Cole LR

Cole LR TDPRI Member

Wait which one would be better value for the money, the zoom or the alesis? I would likely use a multi effects unit for the warped vinyl thing, as a secondary overdrive, as a chorus/vibrato/other modulation, or as a secondary delay/reverb. I might also use the amp modeling things since I’m going into a pretty small/limited Vox practice amp.

8. eddnix

eddnix Tele-Meister

It sounds like you may like the Deluxe Pitch Pirate by MidFi Electronics:

Although not exactly cheap it does what you ask and loads more. I do have a slightly beaten up DIY version I could be coaxed into parting with, sadly, the postage would probably not make it worth your while.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.