Looking for a Bridge Pup

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Lucky%, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Lucky%

Lucky% TDPRI Member

Hi, second post, first thread here.

I have an AXL El Dorado with a very weak, thin sounding (single coil size) bridge pup. I really like the neck pup but the bridge is useless to my ears. I like a thick, warm, edge of break up tone.
    I've been listening to online clips of various options from SD, GFS and Wolftone but I'm a lil hesitant to order based on the sound over the internet through my speaker. My budget is <$150.
    Any thoughts, suggestions and experience welcome.

2. guitarman_nebr

guitarman_nebr Tele-Meister

contact some of the manufacturers and tell them what you want. they are usually happy to explain and help you choose the right option for you.

I have been a Seymour Duncan lover for many years, so I would suggest their pickups.

Go to some websites, click on the "contact us" button and talk. these people are passionate.

3. Lucky%

Lucky% TDPRI Member

I love the gfs p90s in my lp special and a member of a different site that has given me excellent advice in the past recommended the SD quarter pounder. After reading more about them I think I'm gonna go with a set of quarter pounders. They do seem tailor made for the type of tone I like using most of the time and the price is so good, I may as well get both.

4. JP Lace Master

JP Lace Master Tele-Meister

if you want some more meat in bridge pup, could I suggest a Lace sensor Tele bridge pup, there are a couple of varieties, but I'd go for a Lace T-150 pup, real nice tone.

5. chesire

chesire Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I love the SD Lil 59 bucker. Really brought my Tele to life and they tend to be affordable.

6. dharleyfan

dharleyfan Tele-Meister

Give Joe Barden Modern T's a listen on youtube, they are the only pickups I use now, I think they are the best pickup on the planet for Teles, if you want great Tele, spank, quack and bark, but not all the top end shrillness and the dreaded 60 cycle hum.

7. August_West

August_West Tele-Meister

I have Seymour Duncans on my Tele, and Lindy Fralins on my Strat. Both of these guitars sound amazing!

8. Ape Factory

Ape Factory TDPRI Member

I'm a big fan of the Fralin Blues Special bridge. I use it with his Unbucker in the neck position (humbucker) and it's absolutely fantastic. A buttery top end that sounds amazing. But if you really want something fat, go with one of the tele-sized hums. I have other guitars with hum buckers and wanted to keep a single in the bridge of my Tele.

Your amp choice will also, obviously, play a part in all of this.

9. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

Check out frettech.com
    They wind a good bridge pickup, and you will have money left over.

10. fulldrive

fulldrive TDPRI Member

I love my harmonic design 54 special bridge pup -best tele pups I've heard by a mile

11. Chris Clemens

Chris Clemens Tele-Holic

+1

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.