Looking at G&L? Get this neck profile.

Joeyb817

TDPRI Member
I have several guitars. A few CS Gibsons Stratocaster’s and a Custom Shop G&L ASAT. I’ve been building my collection for many years, I can say I’m very happy with it.
The G&L 9.5” radius modern classic neck profile might be the best of all.
I had one with a 12” radius and it wasn’t quite the same. Although good.
It’s a thinner neck but not too thin.
Very comfortable, very easy to play.
Maple, satin finish. Medium jumbo frets.
This neck is very similar to the Fender Deluxe replacement neck they were making a few years ago.
The standard nut width with it’s string spacing, modern classic neck profile are a perfect combination.
If you’re looking for a G&L make sure it has this neck profile.
Rosewood or Maple.

Attachments

• 751A0470-AA4A-422B-89EE-E1E493BC1335.jpeg
    751A0470-AA4A-422B-89EE-E1E493BC1335.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 31

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Welcome from Albuquerque New Mexico. Interesting story and some what similar to a guitar I bought in April of last year during the midst of the 'C' lockdown. I got my tax refund and Music-Go- Round here in town had a pretty new Fender MIM Nashville Tele. 12" radius on the Nashville versus the standard 9.5" Fender radius. One wouldn't think that a 12" radius versus a 9" radius is a big deal, but with me it was. Traded it in for a like-new Player plus-top Strat with the std 9.5" Fender radius, that M.G.R just got in. I'm happy with the guitar & with the customer service that I got. I still play my Tele like 90% of the time. Play on.

Joeyb817

TDPRI Member
That player plus Strat neck has a modern C shape. Very similar to the G&L modern classic.
I think it’s the same profile as the replacement neck I mentioned above.
It was my favorite Fender neck.
Yea man. Very comfy. You get warmed up on that thing your flying. ✊🏻

Otisblove

Tele-Meister
I’ve had a G&L ASAT Special for 32 years now. I have no idea what it’s neck profile is. I don’t own calipers, so I’m not sure how to tell. I know it has a 9.5” radius because I bought a set of neck radius gauges somewhere along the line.

I’ve been playing it for so long, it’s just what a guitar neck feels like to me.

I do have many other neck profiles in the stable now.
I get along with all of them.

EsquireOK

Poster Extraordinaire
I have this neck on all of my limited nitro run G&Ls. It's their default guitar neck now, since about 2016. Unless a dealer special orders otherwise, this is the neck you get. It's a fine profile. I appreciate the extra 1/16" nut width vs. the old standard 1 5/8" nut from before. But the frets are too clunky, and the board a bit too flat, for me. It'd be even better with the optional 7 1/2" radius and "vintage" frets (or at least after leveling down the stock frets about 25 percent and re-crowning them). It would be a faster, more comfortable neck for me if outfitted that way.

Last edited: