Look at the asking price for a matched pair of 1960 Jensen P10Q's with original cones, BEWARE!! This will make your eyes water!!!

rjtwangs

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter

I paid $50.00 for mine....

Here's the link to my original cones 1961 Jensen P10Q's....

RJ

Last edited:

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
I have a wholesale account at CE Dist, their price for a new one is about $120, lol....

I bought four p10r-f's for $360 last year, that's up to $400 this year.

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
I've heard amps with RI Jensens that sounded pretty damned good. I didn't know they all sucked until I read it on the 'net. ;)
Dude, I'm telling you,,,,, I took the 4x10 outside to test it with a bassman amp head and it was *super perfect*. The dispersion and clarity was like as good as I've heard in concert in my life....

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member

I paid $50.00 for mine....

Here's the link to my original cones 1961 Jensen P10Q's....

RJ
ripped cones at no extra charge also!

jman72

Friend of Leo's
Dude, I'm telling you,,,,, I took the 4x10 outside to test it with a bassman amp head and it was *super perfect*. The dispersion and clarity was like as good as I've heard in concert in my life....
I have tried a slew of speakers in my cabs I use with my 5e3 and 5f1. Weber, Eminence, old Oxfords. I keep coming back to my reissue Jensen, though. It just sounds best to me.

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
Maybe if someone is restoring a mint vintage amp but that's crazy money for a pair of speakers IMO. They can "ask" whatever they want, but WILL it sell? Time will tell.
I've always considered "sales" like this the equivalent of trolling for suckers....

1664639422021.png

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I have a wholesale account at CE Dist, their price for a new one is about $120, lol....

I bought four p10r-f's for $360 last year, that's up to $400 this year.
Not the same speakers at all….

Regarding those two original P10Qs, the value tied to those is related to the value of the amp/s which could be made ‘correct’ by having date matched speakers of the correct model for that amp. For instance, if one had a late 1960 5f4 Super or an early 6G4 Super that was all original and excellent condition except someone had pulled the original P10Qs out of the amp….as occurred PTP a 6G4 in one of the links that @rjtwangs gave us, then these two matched speakers could possibly date match the amp. The value would increase by as much as 100% in a serious vintage amp market.
These two speakers would not make a 5F6A Bassman or a 6G11 Concert complete since those amps require 4 speakers. Many years ago…maybe 10???…a quad of matching numbers 1960 P10Qs sold on ebay for $1200. The value of a 5F4 Super or a 6G4 Super may have risen enough to draw some inquiries on these speakers. I don’t know if someone would give $1200 for a pair, but they are worth a large part of that asking price, imho, to the right buyer. Finding the buyer that needs them is the hard part.
If one is not seriously in the vintage amp market, this asking price may be a surprise And seem exorbitant. However, if the correct speakers add a few thousand to the value, then they are worth it, imho. And yes…..the lack of correct speakers can reduce the value of an otherwise ‘all original and excellent condition’ amp by 50%….unless a buyer does not know the market. The same thing happens in any collectibles market. A 1963 Split Window Corvette that does not have matching numbers does not command nearly as much value in the market as does a correct, matching numbers 1963 split window ‘Vette.