Loog?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Festofish, May 9, 2021.

1. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I discovered Loog guitars while looking for kids guitars. It’s a guitar with the first 3 strings in a shorter scale. It comes with flash cards and an app! When they’re ready for a full guitar, they’ll be able to use the chords learned on the top three strings and add to them! The guitar body is ok but the neck is pretty good. Good frets!

https://loogguitars.com/

dented likes this.
  2. johnny k

johnny k Poster Extraordinaire

Do they come with a floyd rose ? I think it would be better to get started with all 6 strings at once. Just like this.

3. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

I bought one for our now six year old son. With “the state of the world” probably ordered at the wrong time, it took nearly a year to actually be delivered to us.

Pretty underwhelmed, but for $100 new I guess it’s to be expected. The neck is really rough. And it doesn’t stay in tune AT ALL, like as bad as the $30 plastic ukelele my parents got from Walmart or whatever for my kid when he was a toddler.

He picks it up for a minute once every couple months. Maybe he’ll get more into it as he gets older. The paint work is good and the fact it has a Tele neck pickup in it is cool, too, that pickup actually sounds pretty decent.

Torren61 likes this.
  4. Festofish

I got the acoustic pro(mid size). Yeah the guitar is ok but the learning tools are what I’m really stoked about. Flash cards(wooden?), app and video support since I won’t be there in person and I’m no teacher.

dented likes this.
  5. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Anything that gets them started is good IMHO. Play on!

Festofish likes this.
  6. Festofish

exactly!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.