Longtime lurker, newb posting here, just saying hi.

bholder

Tele-Meister
Started as a bassist, always wanted to be a guitarist too, taking it more seriously now as I near retirement from the "day job". No real teles, best tele clone is a Bill Lawrence Thinline '69 clone which is really really nice and a couple of SXes, which are, well, SXes (really nice for $100, yeah). One of which is a lefty that I can't play, just bought for the reverse headstyle neck but never used.

Blah blah rambling on just saying hello on a Thanksgiving afternoon.

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
Started as a bassist, always wanted to be a guitarist too, taking it more seriously now as I near retirement from the "day job". No real teles, best tele clone is a Bill Lawrence Thinline '69 clone which is really really nice and a couple of SXes, which are, well, SXes (really nice for $100, yeah). One of which is a lefty that I can't play, just bought for the reverse headstyle neck but never used.

hi..lurker noob..nice to see ya here and..happy thanksgiving

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

Welcome......nothing wrong with adding guitar to your accomplishments, but I encourage you to not drop the bass. Guitarists are a dime-a-dozen, but (good) bass players are worth their weight in gold. Several members here are bass AND guitar players.
And, in my opinion, great music can be played on cheap instruments as well as expensive ones. Don't apologize for your SXes.....it's what you do with them that counts! ;)

bholder

Tele-Meister
Welcome......nothing wrong with adding guitar to your accomplishments, but I encourage you to not drop the bass. Guitarists are a dime-a-dozen, but (good) bass players are worth their weight in gold. Several members here are bass AND guitar players.
And, in my opinion, great music can be played on cheap instruments as well as expensive ones. Don't apologize for your SXes.....it's what you do with them that counts! ;)
Oh, I'll never drop bass, was my first, will be my last. ;)